Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lithium v111 cant login?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Was I supposed to sha1 the username too? I sha1-ed my password and just put plain text name, but then it keeps telling me "this is an incorrect password" so i made the username the same as my password, except the password is sha1 and the username in plain text, but then it still wont work, anyone know a fix?

(update)fixed the problem, but I accidently deleted the "salt" section hash because i wanted to change the password, not sure if it has anything to do with disabling the login screen, because when i click login, nothing happens. I also changed all the "defaults for channelservers" all three into my hamachi IP, probably the cause as well, anyone know whats wrong?

(update 2 lol) fixed the previous problem by re-exectuing the SQL and not touching the salt section, user is normal and pass is sha1-ed, I am able to log in, but now I have the consistent incorrect PIC problem, was I supposed to sha1 that too?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Was I supposed to sha1 the username too? I sha1-ed my password and just put plain text name, but then it keeps telling me "this is an incorrect password" so i made the username the same as my password, except the password is sha1 and the username in plain text, but then it still wont work, anyone know a fix?

(update)fixed the problem, but I accidently deleted the "salt" section hash because i wanted to change the password, not sure if it has anything to do with disabling the login screen, because when i click login, nothing happens. I also changed all the "defaults for channelservers" all three into my hamachi IP, probably the cause as well, anyone know whats wrong?

(update 2 lol) fixed the previous problem by re-exectuing the SQL and not touching the salt section, user is normal and pass is sha1-ed, I am able to log in, but now I have the consistent incorrect PIC problem, was I supposed to sha1 that too?
PIC has no encryption, so just leave it as is. I have no idea what you did though.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
PIC has no encryption, so just leave it as is. I have no idea what you did though.

Weird, cause my pic has an encryption (SHA1) with a salt. I was able to login with my pic using SHA1.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how do i create my own salt? I'm so confused becuase one time it works, then the second time my whole entire SHA1 changes and I cant log in, so in order to change my password, do I need to chance my salt? And what is salt for anyways?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how do i create my own salt? I'm so confused becuase one time it works, then the second time my whole entire SHA1 changes and I cant log in, so in order to change my password, do I need to chance my salt? And what is salt for anyways?

Yes you have to change your salt to change your password. What salt does is that it allow the program to recreate your password to check if the code is similar to what you enter.

Example:

1. User Enter password (123456)

2. Password is then SHA1 (01313b4d36e35d8d092b0f932b75cdb5c2b4f75d)

3. Password is then Salt (e3885c506ebf2a17a8bdf30c1fb4d417dbcf697d603f7a1fc988a3b3d9a17209d924d97882c60c1fb55c53cc083c3aac61db481462555d63d3f86a51fd9adabd)

4. Maplestory check if that password is the same one in the database.

Inside the () it is the password being change.

Upvote 0
Back