Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

login error V.117.2

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have been test running Maplestory V.117.2 for a day, play alone.
The server uses OS windown server 2003, core i5, ram 8Gb

When I login to the game, sometime it was hang and jump to login page.
I have to retry login several times to be sucessfully accessed.

I came to check .bat file and it showed error.
Well, can anyone tell me about the possible cause of this problem?

1.) Low connetion signal? I pinged to server and got "TIME=88ms"...
2.) Caused from repack(source)?
3.) Client or redirector(.LEN) problem?
4.) Problem from computer at host server?
5.) Database problem?
6.) JAVA version? My current version is jdk-7u3-windows-i586 and jce_policy-7(alraedy on its path)
7.) Other? please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Code:
Client /65.55.22.180 is connecting to server 0 channel 1
Error checking ip banscom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: T
he last packet successfully received from the server was 75,740,203 milliseconds
 ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 75,740,203 millisecon
ds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should
 consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your
application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or usi
ng the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this proble
m.
Client /65.55.22.180 is connecting to server 0 channel 1
error loading characters info. reason: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.Communica
tionsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was 82,444
,485 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 82,4
44,485 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_tim
eout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity be
fore use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client
 timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to
avoid this problem.
Error saving MACscom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The la
st packet successfully received from the server was 82,448,360 milliseconds ago.
  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 82,448,391 milliseconds ag
o. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should cons
ider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your appli
cation, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using th
e Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet success
fully received from the server was 75,822,281 milliseconds ago.  The last packet
 sent successfully to the server was 75,822,281 milliseconds ago. is longer than
 the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expir
ing and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasin
g the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J con
nection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:409)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1
122)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:3317)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1941)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2114)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2696)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.ja
va:2105)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:
2264)
        at client.MapleCharacter.loadCharFromDB(MapleCharacter.java:639)
        at client.MapleCharacter.loadCharFromDB(MapleCharacter.java:623)
        at handling.channel.handler.InterServerHandler.Loggedin(InterServerHandl
er.java:171)
        at handling.MapleServerHandler.handlePacket(MapleServerHandler.java:616)

at handling.MapleServerHandler.messageReceived(MapleServerHandler.java:4
56)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messa
geReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:299)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(Abst
ractIoFilterChain.java:53)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.mess
ageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flus
h(SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(Prot
ocolCodecFilter.java:180)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorF
ilter.java:220)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.
run(ExecutorFilter.java:264)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnabl
e.java:51)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket wr
ite error
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.send(MysqlIO.java:3298)
        ... 25 more
Failed to load character..
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet success
fully received from the server was 75,869,031 milliseconds ago.  The last packet
 sent successfully to the server was 75,869,062 milliseconds ago. is longer than
ing and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasin
g the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J con

rce)
122)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2690)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.setTransactionIsolation(ConnectionImpl.
java:5419)
        at client.MapleCharacter.saveToDB(MapleCharacter.java:1375)
        at client.MapleClient.disconnect(MapleClient.java:843)
        at client.MapleClient.disconnect(MapleClient.java:825)
        at handling.MapleServerHandler.sessionClosed(MapleServerHandler.java:395
)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessi
onClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:550)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionC
losed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:269)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(Abstr
actIoFilterChain.java:53)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sess
ionClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:633)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(Protoc
olCodecFilter.java:254)
ilter.java:230)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket wr
ite error
        ... 22 more

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mostly this problem appears because of policy7 files. Make sure they are in the right places plus make sure you got all wz files in correct paths. Pm me your channel.property file i'll take a look at it for you if there is any errors. :)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Mostly this problem appears because of policy7 files. Make sure they are in the right places plus make sure you got all wz files in correct paths. Pm me your channel.property file i'll take a look at it for you if there is any errors. :)

Lol wtf bro. It has nothing to do with the java policy files

It's your database crashing / not being able to connect to it.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

As for Policy7 file, I have already checked and it seems placed in the proper path. But for WZ, I am now using 117.1 because I cannot find and don't know how to find the one for 117.2.

For my channel.property, my file was like this .... For IP, do I have to change it as well? Because I an using 127.0.0.1, NOT server's IP.... and my game is accessible. So, do I have to change it be server's IP? Is it could be a reason of this problem?

channel.property
"
# hostname or IP address of your world server
net.sf.odinms.world.host=127.0.0.1

# number of channels to host in this process
net.sf.odinms.channel.count=5

# channel keys (these are defined in the channels table)
net.sf.odinms.channel.0.key=release1
net.sf.odinms.channel.1.key=release2
net.sf.odinms.channel.2.key=release3
net.sf.odinms.channel.3.key=release4
net.sf.odinms.channel.4.key=release5
net.sf.odinms.channel.5.key=release6
net.sf.odinms.channel.6.key=release7
net.sf.odinms.channel.7.key=release8
net.sf.odinms.channel.8.key=release9
net.sf.odinms.channel.9.key=release10
net.sf.odinms.channel.10.key=release11
net.sf.odinms.channel.11.key=release12
net.sf.odinms.channel.12.key=release13
net.sf.odinms.channel.13.key=release14
net.sf.odinms.channel.14.key=release15
net.sf.odinms.channel.15.key=release16
net.sf.odinms.channel.16.key=release17
net.sf.odinms.channel.17.key=release18
net.sf.odinms.channel.18.key=release19
net.sf.odinms.channel.19.key=release20
"

(Remark:: My user ID cannot send PM because of too less posts. T-T)

(mail = kittyloveusatata@hotmail.com)

help me Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Lol wtf bro. It has nothing to do with the java policy files

It's your database crashing / not being able to connect to it.

How can I solve this problem? Please teach me ... Thank you :')

Please~ If you know how to deal with it. Please kindly reply me through this e-mail --> kittyloveusatata@hotmail.com Pleaseeeeeee~~ I really cannot sent PM to you with my user here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It is so much easier if you just use V1.17.1. There are much more errors that people run into in V1.17.2 than V1.17.1 that I see.

Make sure your worldGMS, channel, server constants and LEN all have the same IP when connecting to your server. If it's 127.0.0.1, put that as your IP if you just want to connect on your computer.

If you have a VPS or something, put the IP you're using for that in the suggest files.

Check and see first if that is the problem.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It is so much easier if you just use V1.17.1. There are much more errors that people run into in V1.17.2 than V1.17.1 that I see.

Make sure your worldGMS, channel, server constants and LEN all have the same IP when connecting to your server. If it's 127.0.0.1, put that as your IP if you just want to connect on your computer.

If you have a VPS or something, put the IP you're using for that in the suggest files.

Check and see first if that is the problem.

There’s only 1 file “channel.property” that I set 127.0.0.1 as a functional IP and, now, I’ve already changed.
The rest of all files including LEN and worldGMS were set by using server IP since the beginning.

Are there any other possible reason or other way else to solve?
T^T

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There’s only 1 file “channel.property” that I set 127.0.0.1 as a functional IP and, now, I’ve already changed.
The rest of all files including LEN and worldGMS were set by using server IP since the beginning.

Are there any other possible reason or other way else to solve?
T^T

Thank you in advance

All files that require an IP to connect to must be the same.

So you need to change the channel.property and Serverconstants to the correct and right IP you want to connect too.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
All files that require an IP to connect to must be the same.

So you need to change the channel.property and Serverconstants to the correct and right IP you want to connect too.

I have already changed all ip about src [Serverconstants], LEN, worldGMS, and channel.property. But the same problem is still happen. May be this case ip is not the real reason of the problem cause I have already change all. What is the another way of real problem? pleaseeeee . Thanks.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Several problems that could be causing it.

WAMP isn't open/green.

Source is conflicting with the connection.

or game is already open.

Check in task manager to make sure Maplestory isn't already running.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
It's nothing to do with what anyone said so far.
Check your database settings and make sure there's ?autoreconnect=true or something similar to that at the end of the url

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Several problems that could be causing it.

WAMP isn't open/green.

Source is conflicting with the connection.

or game is already open.

Check in task manager to make sure Maplestory isn't already running.

WAMP isn't open/green. ---- > I never use WAMP but I do use APPSERV which is all-time-running program
Source is conflicting with the connection. ----> Have no clue but I will try to figure out this point.
or game is already open. ----> Already checked but did not open

I will carefully recheck and test it all again.
If there still have problem, I will inform you again.
Thank you so much :')

It's nothing to do with what anyone said so far.
Check your database settings and make sure there's ?autoreconnect=true or something similar to that at the end of the url

As follow, I have already changed them since I received this source.

----
In db.properties
url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dataname?autoReconnect=true
user = root
password = xxxxxxxx
---
In DatabaseConnection.java
try {
final Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dataname?autoReconnect=true",
"root", "xxxxxxxx");
allConnections.add(con);
---

Anyway, Thanks for your instruction.
I will recheck and test it all and if there still have problem, I will come back to you again ;)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So sad, I've already tried all the methods you guys suggested, but it still doesn't work...
Changed IP to be server's IP... already adjusted "autoreconnect=true"... 100%

Now I'm wondering ... what else could be the possible reason and solution?
For example:
- My "MySQL" version?... I'm using "MySQL 5520.msi" .... is it ok?
- My server problem?
- Or else? ..... How can I investigate it?

I truly believe there must be a cause and exit somewhere.
Because of my shot experience, I'm at the dead end now...
Almost cry... but I just don't want to give up .... :'(

If any of you know how to fix it, please kindly tell me either in this thread or PM.
All of your advise would be really thankful for me.
Please.....

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Your best bet right now is to uninstall everything. Download a V1.17.1 source. Then re-install everything.

I swear that you'll more than likely have much less problems.

As far as MySQL version. You can download a complete version from their archives. I'd download V1.17.1. Easiest to work with IMO.

Then whatever else you need like WAMP and what not.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for you suggestion.
I've already tried reinstall OS and set up all again but, still, the same problem happen.
I believe there should be some trick to cope with this.

My problem is I occasionally cannot login to the game when I run my server for hours or, sometimes, for days.
When the game refuses me to login, it will show this error ....

Code:
Error checking ip banscom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: T
he last packet successfully received from the server was 75,740,203 milliseconds
 ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 75,740,203 millisecon
ds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should
 consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your
application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or usi
ng the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this proble
m.

error loading characters info. reason: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.Communica
tionsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was 82,444
,485 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 82,4
44,485 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_tim
eout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity be
fore use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client
 timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to
avoid this problem.
Error saving MACscom.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The la
st packet successfully received from the server was 82,448,360 milliseconds ago.
  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 82,448,391 milliseconds ag
o. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should cons
ider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your appli
cation, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using th
e Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.
fully received from the server was 75,822,281 milliseconds ago.  The last packet
 sent successfully to the server was 75,822,281 milliseconds ago. is longer than

rce)
122)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2696)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.ja
va:2105)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:
2264)
        at client.MapleCharacter.loadCharFromDB(MapleCharacter.java:639)
        at client.MapleCharacter.loadCharFromDB(MapleCharacter.java:623)
        at handling.channel.handler.InterServerHandler.Loggedin(InterServerHandl
er.java:171)
        at handling.MapleServerHandler.handlePacket(MapleServerHandler.java:616)

at handling.MapleServerHandler.messageReceived(MapleServerHandler.java:4
56)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messa
geReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flus
h(SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(Prot
ocolCodecFilter.java:180)
ilter.java:220)
ite error
        ... 25 more
Failed to load character..
fully received from the server was 75,869,031 milliseconds ago.  The last packet
 sent successfully to the server was 75,869,062 milliseconds ago. is longer than

rce)
122)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2690)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.setTransactionIsolation(ConnectionImpl.
java:5419)
        at client.MapleCharacter.saveToDB(MapleCharacter.java:1375)
        at client.MapleClient.disconnect(MapleClient.java:843)
        at client.MapleClient.disconnect(MapleClient.java:825)
        at handling.MapleServerHandler.sessionClosed(MapleServerHandler.java:395
)
        at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessi
onClosed(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:550)
        at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(Protoc
olCodecFilter.java:254)
ilter.java:230)
ite error
        ... 22 more

I believe there should be some special technique or trick to solve this problem, like time zone, or something else? (Seriously, it was a trick in old versions)
As per your convenient, you may teach me here either in this tread or PM. :')

As far as I surfed in RageZone, only these 2 following treads are facing the same problem as me.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f566/117-1-weird-problem-906312/

http://forum.ragezone.com/f566/fix-v117-899740/

There must be something wrong for sure!!

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There problem here is , somehow , your server is unable to make a connection to the MySQL host.

I'd suggest checking if port 3306 is forwarded on your host ( Or if you are using home hosting put your IP as 127.0.0.1 and try to login locally to see if you get the same error).

If you get the same error, Just try to install MySQL community server 5.5.

Could you also post/pm me your DB.properties ( without mysql password of course).

It could also be something you edited wrongly in your source/db.properties :)

Hope I help! if you need mor ehelp , PM ME!

Upvote 0
Back