• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Making Rares

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone got an easier way to figure out these bits? I just had the rare I wanted, it deleted itself, and now I only remember my last 4/7 bits but without the first 3 it changes the whole rare. I can't figure this out yet and it's driving me insane... I can tell that the last 4 bits run on a 15 chunking system where every 15 bits will be the next rare down on the item_rare list.(when using 7 bits anyway)

So can anyone offer me an easier way to do this? And Thralas why don't you reply to PM's?

Thanks for the help,
DigitalBlaze

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's not what he meant. Anyway the easiest way would be to get a known rare, convert the integer value in the database to binary, alter a few bits, convert it back and see what happens. Although I'm unsure about how DR interprets the actual value (probably short or int). And I didn't reply to your PM simply because I forgot to ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lmfao@egobrain. The ego part is right anyway. Sorry for the let down but im into more advanced than hack and slash coding >.>

@Thralas: I didn't know that's what you meant. I will definitly try it out. I found some interestingly easy patterns to the bits nonetheless but they seem to jump around here or there when you try to triple grade. Just takes time ^.^ Thanks for the help man.

And ego, thank you for trying to help in a rude way, and I apologize for what I said but don't get so hasty to tell people to search when there are 2 posts about this and one has 2 rare numbers that's it and the other tells nothing but basics.

-DigitalBlaze

Back