Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos and Pet emulation.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hi.

From what I have seen sofar, the pet system is doing very well in Mangos.
Altho I have a few questions about it:

1: Pet storage "stables" Does not work for me correctly. "Once in, can't get back out"

2: Beast mastery, Hunters can't train thier pets skills, as when they try, no TP comes off, and no skills or stats are added to the pets.

These are the only 2 issues, which is great news, as everything else works great.

Hunters are able to tame beasts and dismiss and recall no problems, they even level up too, and attack just fine.

This is really much better than what I was use to with wowemu, but I would like to know if the bugs I mentioned are fixed in a certain sdb or core pack.
Or if not, will we be seeing an update on the pet system anytime soon?

I know mangos is still in heavy development, and they are doing so well with it:)

Currently running:
Mangos 3112+ScriptDev2 Rev 16 By Haken
Silver SDB 94 Full By Haken

Thnx for any information on this people may have to offer.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Ok, nevermind:/

Pet system for hunters seems to be failing:S

it's working sometimes, but players on the server are saying that there pet just don't come back wwhen they call them out, and that they have no pet anymore.

Now when they find this happening, the pets are always happy, so I can't think of any reason as to why.

So from what im seeing Hunters are a major problem right now, so im going to have to tell people not to make hunters untill the pet system is fixed..

Shame too, it was looking to be working away just fine, but after a while it stops working:S

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hmm.. strange. Although, there are often problems with warlocks and hunters. You should be able to find a fix for them somewhere tho. In the meantime, you can actually disable hunters in one of the mangos conf files.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well if you know of any fixes for it m8, that would be helpful big time.
As i've got players thats put alot of time into them, and it would cause problems to disbale them now lol.

Failing that, is there any very stable repacks or maybe I move over to kobold?

I would prefer mangos, but this has turned into a big issue:/

Also don't suppose you would know which conf file it would be to disable the hunter?

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't know which conf file it is off-hand.. soz. Also don't know of any fixes off-hand. ( i'm very useful, huh? -_- ) Anyways, gonna check to see if hunter pets work on Kobold v3. Tell you the results later.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Thnx m8, was thinking of checking out kv3 myself, but let me know:)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well as it stands, worlocks and hunters pet system in not 100% yet.

But they are still more than playable, it wont be too long before they get updated:)

So if anyone has other pet issues, use this thread to talk about it, or possible fixes;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
BTW, just so everyone else knows, hhunter and warlock pets work perfectly on Kobold v3 w/o any fixes. Guess the Luddy team did something right ^_~

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
BTW, just so everyone else knows, hhunter and warlock pets work perfectly on Kobold v3 w/o any fixes. Guess the Luddy team did something right ^_~

Yup thnx for clearing that up Yamachi, I should of added that I was talking about mangos;)

But for now we will have to wait, meanwhile hunters/worlocks are still fun to play with.

Back