Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mangos MangosWeb...Cannot Select Character

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been having this problem for four days straight now. I've made the account on the mangosweb site I've got hosted, but when I go to post on the forums or try to post news, it says.....

"you must select a character before you can post"

HOWEVER, it will NOT let me select my character. I've tried different browsers, deleted all my cookies, confirmed that the cookie is being set properly (it is), and all the characters are showing properly, so it's not a database problem.

Can anyone please please help me with this issue? It's the only thing stopping my websites functionality.

Thanks!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You must insert the sql that follows with mangos in realmd i belive.
Check sql folder in mangosweb and install hte install sql thingy.

Then it should work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know what is the problem you use the trinity core and mangosweb works better on mangos and to make your page work you must manuali edit your db to allow your web page to select a char by goin to your realmd db under account_extend table and there you have 2 collums chararter_id(here you must enter your account char id) and character_name(here you must enter your character name that coresponds with the char id)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been having this problem for four days straight now. I've made the account on the mangosweb site I've got hosted, but when I go to post on the forums or try to post news, it says.....

"you must select a character before you can post"

HOWEVER, it will NOT let me select my character. I've tried different browsers, deleted all my cookies, confirmed that the cookie is being set properly (it is), and all the characters are showing properly, so it's not a database problem.

Can anyone please please help me with this issue? It's the only thing stopping my websites functionality.

Thanks!

Goto index.php and at line 211 you will see the following...

//Load characters list
if (isset($user['id']) && $user['id']>0) {
$characters = $CHDB->select('SELECT guid,name FROM `characters` WHERE account=?d', $user['id']);
if (isset($_REQUEST['cur_selected_character'])) {
foreach($characters as $character) {
if ($character['guid']==$_REQUEST['cur_selected_character']) {
$DB->query('UPDATE account_extend SET character_id=?d,character_name=? WHERE account_id=?d', $character['guid'], $character['name'], $user['id']);
}

Change it to this...

//Load characters list
if (isset($user['id']) && $user['id']>0) {
$characters = $CHDB->select('SELECT guid,name FROM `characters` WHERE account=?d', $user['id']);
if (isset($_COOKIE['cur_selected_character'])) {
foreach($characters as $character) {
if ($character['guid']==$_COOKIE['cur_selected_character']) {
$DB->query('UPDATE account_extend SET character_id=?d,character_name=? WHERE account_id=?d', $character['guid'], $character['name'], $user['id']);
}

Seems to work just fine...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm also having this problem, how is this possible? And also the 3 answers that were given didn't work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@fpsycho I tried what you said ok it work but there are about 500 characters .. so i must type all characters id and account?? ... omg there should be something to do automatically

@kubilius I opened index.php and mine its corectyle how you said but don't work..

Last edited:
Back