• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

max DISPLAYED damage - smallint?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey, so i noticed that the DISPLAYED max damage is around 65k

if i have stronger weapon, it seems to divide the result by 65k
lets say dmg is 70k , it appears in display as (70k - 65k) = 5k
lets says real dmg is 144k, then displayed dmg is 144k (- 65 - 65) = 14k

i wonder if that is related to a smallint unsigned constraint somehow (around 65k)
or any other kind of constraint.

where do i change, so that the max DISPLAYED damage appears more than 65k when i attack?

this doubt is related to unanswered post-7099335 of RF ONLINE

btw i noticed some private servers have tackled this issue. my version is 2232

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Correct it is because the game uses an unsigned short for this value, unsigned short max = 65535
The numbers you are seeing is interger rollover. The number wrapping around to 0 again.

There is no easy way to fix this its part of the compiled code so requires assembly edits - this goes for HP too. over 65k hp you will roll around back to 0. Although this is harder to reach with normal items.

Upvote 0
Back