Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Memory issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Before I start, I'll share what components I got:
- AsRock Performance P67 Fatal1ty (latest BIOS update, 1.30)
- 2x 2GB DDR3 Corsair 1333
- i5 2500
- GTX460 evga 2GB

After some use, my pc showed some BSOD's. I already know what the errors are:
- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe
and:
- NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Ntfs.sys

Also did memtestx86, showed some errors but my mobo supports 1333. So, what could be the problem? It's kinda clear it's my memory but I only would like to know what the problem here is.

Today I did the latest nvidia update, refreshed WIE (Windows index experience, you know the drill) and showed a 5,9 for memory while it first was above 7. (7,5 I believe.)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
supporting the frequency isn't enough
i once bought RAM and it turned out to be broken out of the box, brand new and yet broken
to check if it's broken, take out 1 stick, if you still think it's broken, take out the other stick and put the first back in, if with 1 stick it works then you can be sure one of the sticks is broken, if it doesn't get fixed no matter which of the sticks you remove then it's very unlikely to be RAM related

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Memory can be faulty quite often.. I personally have had 2 entire sets of RAM go bad, and I had to get an RMA on them. Same type of issues.. they wont hold voltage, timings wont tighten up to registered specs and cause computer crashes at the most random of times.

This is why I always find a lifetime warratny, or at least limited lifetime. I typically go with Mushkin on it.. as I had a single ram stick go bad out of my 4 total.. sent in all 4, and they replaced it with soem Mushkin Redline (Which I am currently using in my desktop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back