• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Meridian with Linux?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey

Has somebody tried to play meridian under Linux?
I have tried it under Debian and have started it with wine.
Everytime i tried to connect to a server a error message appears that the client can't connect to server.
I already tried out to connect locally on a server and also on for example server 128.

Has somebody tried this?:juggle:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you using any native DLLs? Running from console? If so, any weird messages?
I'd say to set it to use some native dlls instead of builtin, but this would only be possible if you had a windows install available.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The more important question for me: did somebody manage to run a meridian server under linux?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have you tried to? I'll try later today, maybe tomorrow, because it'd be awesome if it were doable. I wouldn't need my Win2k server anymore...

Back