Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application for Merchant Zone

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Name: Cody
Current Age: (as of 2/19/13) 17
Current Location: Ohio, United States of America
Times Available: (Monday-Friday) 2pm - 11pm; (Weekends) Whenever required
Current Occupation: Quality Control and Shipping
Fluent Languages: English
Hobbies: Programming, Creative and technicial writing, Buying/Selling, Leadership
Interested Section: Merchant Zone

Myself:
I'm a seventeen year old junior in high school while also taking dual-credit college programming courses at a local college. I often find myself dwelling in random ideas, so one day I began to write them down and am currently attempting to write a novel that I have absolutely no idea how to publish. I have a very beautiful, loving girlfriend whom of which I have been with for an extended period of time. If I don't understand something, my first instinct is to search the internet for it to figure it out before asking questions.

Why you should accept me as a moderator:
I have been apart of RaGEZONE for a while and I used to be really active in the Habbo section before I ended up randomly disappearing. I was only eleven or twelve at that time and now I am seventeen years of age and have matured myself to a physical and mental state to handle a community the size of RaGEZONE. You can expect a high level of professionalism out of me.

Why am I on RaGEZONE:
I joined RaGEZONE because of a coder named Mark131 whom of which coded a V13 Habbo Retro server (one of the firsts) and wanted me to advertise for him here. I quickly caught onto everything and became an active member of the community.

What I can contribute:
I have been apart of sales and advertising before, I used to work for an online webhosting company called "Legit Web Hosting" and I learned the ropes there, I now sell and provide the best support I can to my customers. I can contribute dedicated activity, new faces, and brand new experiences to the people here at RaGEZONE.

Why I want to become a RaGEZONE moderator: One of the main things I notice out of Merchant Zone is that there isn't very many people posting nor is there any guidelines. Granted, RaGEZONE was never intended as a marketplace forum, it can be a little bit of everything. I visit other sites like Sythe and see their marketplace boom, so why can't this one? I'll tell you why. There isn't any guidelines in the forum, very little rules stating what you can and can't sell, and a semi-active moderator for the section. (sorry Tyler!)

Experience:
This is a little difficult to explain because I've had so many, I was once a moderator at the formerly ************** (now just Otaku) in 2007 before I had to retire my very short-run for school. I used to run a vBulletin-managed forum called inLite Forums, dedicated to marketplace and private servers, which was also a short-run due to lack of funding. I used to run an internet-based non-profit organization called JUBA (now defunct) and had to deal with almost 600 teenagers ranging from thirteen to seventeen years of age in a community. I've been around the block a few times.

I'm hoping you'll consider my application.

If you don't give me that at least, I'll find you Dan.

Have a great day, reader!

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Cody is greatly experienced in the Merchant Area and I think he deserves the position as Moderator.

Its a vouch from me. :):

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thank you Crytek! It means a lot :)

I'm hoping that I will be accepted.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You just returned to RaGEZoNE.. maybe you should relax a bit before applying for a spot of moderation. Otherwise, you seem capable of the position, for sure.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think you can handle it. You would be a good mod :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well thank you both! I'm glad I am getting your honest feedback and opinions! :)

Reaction score
Good application and all, but I don't think Merchant Zone needs another moderator. As I've moderated there before, it's basically a two-person job, and there is two people there handling it. 2 is more than enough.

Good luck regardless.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
True, but something I notice is that the marketplace on RaGEZONE isn't as active as I'm sure many would like it to be..

I feel that I can bring that to the Merchant Zone.

The one and only!
Reaction score
True, but something I notice is that the marketplace on RaGEZONE isn't as active as I'm sure many would like it to be..

If you like the section you should be making it active already. You don't need a green name for that.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
If you like the section you should be making it active already. You don't need a green name for that.

This.
SOME acts of moderation can be commit without the "Moderator" rank, but to a limit, obviously.
In this case, bringing activity wouldn't be limited. Anyone can bring activity to a section regardless of their rank.

That being said, it's the Merchant Zone. People will buy or sell if they need/want to, I don't particularly believe activity can be promoted - however if it can, I'd imagine not a great deal.. But like I said, activity is based on people wanting/needing to buy/sell.

Good application overall, but as Jamie said I'd assume 2 moderators is plenty.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'd like to take the time out right now just to say thanks to all of you for responding so truthfully and detailing your specific reasons. I know that there are two mods now, when I originally put this I thought there was only one. I apologize for that, but I'd like to say that I have been trying to get the marketplace more active here. I've been advertising to people I know and also trying to sell things in there. I, personally, find marketplaces attractive. It's a very nice location that I am quite fond of and am interested in opening it's untapped potential. As a merchant myself, I see RaGEZONE as an untapped market. I visit these other forums with marketplaces and notice so much confusion and disorder with a whole bunch of people selling the same things and RaGEZONE has almost none of those things here. That's what I want to bring and I'm trying already, but with a moderation spot I feel people would take me more seriously.

Reaction score
I'd like to take the time out right now just to say thanks to all of you for responding so truthfully and detailing your specific reasons. I know that there are two mods now, when I originally put this I thought there was only one. I apologize for that, but I'd like to say that I have been trying to get the marketplace more active here. I've been advertising to people I know and also trying to sell things in there. I, personally, find marketplaces attractive. It's a very nice location that I am quite fond of and am interested in opening it's untapped potential. As a merchant myself, I see RaGEZONE as an untapped market. I visit these other forums with marketplaces and notice so much confusion and disorder with a whole bunch of people selling the same things and RaGEZONE has almost none of those things here. That's what I want to bring and I'm trying already, but with a moderation spot I feel people would take me more seriously.

You can simply suggest tips you have to the current moderators in that section. Besides, RaGEZONE priority isn't the merchant zone. It's all those MMORPG's sections.

And if there's one mod going to be demodded, there will be most likely an other moderator who moderate other section(s) assigned for the Merchant zone if they are willing to.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This.
SOME acts of moderation can be commit without the "Moderator" rank, but to a limit, obviously.
In this case, bringing activity wouldn't be limited. Anyone can bring activity to a section regardless of their rank.

That being said, it's the Merchant Zone. People will buy or sell if they need/want to, I don't particularly believe activity can be promoted - however if it can, I'd imagine not a great deal.. But like I said, activity is based on people wanting/needing to buy/sell.

Good application overall, but as Jamie said I'd assume 2 moderators is plenty.

I agree.

There's an unwritten rule on every forum, which is; No Backseat Moderating. Let the Moderators do their job, and report content you find offensive or that is directly or indirectly breaking the rules.

I myself, hate it when people tried to backseat Moderate my old forums - however; replying and stating; "This is not correct." "Do not do this because this and this will happen" -- is totally fine.
As stated; it's "allowed"(if you will), up to a point - know where that is.

On topic;
Well formulated application. You have my vouch, which doesn't really mean anything since I'm new here - but what ever.

Reaction score

How do you expect to bring a merchant section to be active? Forcing people to sell/buy stuff in there? I don't see how you will manage to make a Merchant Section active, the sections is just used if you are a business man, other than that the section will become inactive unless someone wants to buy/sell/trade something.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
How do you expect to bring a merchant section to be active? Forcing people to sell/buy stuff in there? I don't see how you will manage to make a Merchant Section active, the sections is just used if you are a business man, other than that the section will become inactive unless someone wants to buy/sell/trade something.

That's what I meant by;

;-)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

Totally understand why you think that there is only one moderator in that section...

Merch zone wouldnt be best for you right away, however I think you could do well starting off in another section and taking on Merch once a little more experienced.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Totally understand why you think that there is only one moderator in that section...

19618d1360274037t-please-read-findus-276172_papel-de-parede-meme-i-see-what-you-did-there_1280x1024.jpg

I see what you did there.
*cough* KEITH *cough*

On a more serious note, what Becca said is correct. Try out for a section that may need moderators more than the Merch Zone does at the moment, then progress your way there.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, any ideas on the section I should apply for? :)

Back