Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Modify faction base data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I'm now tinkering with 1.4.4, (and waiting for 343's 1.4.5 release), and I was wondering if it is possible to modify the data for faction bases. Material amounts, and construction points for upgrading.

I did some searching through the forums, but haven't found this discussed or asked yet.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Character contribution is stored on the character itself. You can reach this via the iweb xml editor.

The line is...
Code:
<variable name="faction_contrib" type="Octets">1e050000c80000001e050000</variable>
How to edit that octet data is beyond me though, and there may be other references that need to be changed. It's a start though, if you could add contribution/construction points to the toons and donate the construction points to the base, all you would need afterwards is to duplicate the base upgrade materials to deposit for construction.

Upvote 0
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
As far as how much and which items, I would have to assume it would be a recipe in elements. However I haven't looked into it and am not currently home to do so.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Character contribution is stored on the character itself. You can reach this via the iweb xml editor.

The line is...
Code:
<variable name="faction_contrib" type="Octets">1e050000c80000001e050000</variable>
How to edit that octet data is beyond me though, and there may be other references that need to be changed. It's a start though, if you could add contribution/construction points to the toons and donate the construction points to the base, all you would need afterwards is to duplicate the base upgrade materials to deposit for construction.

This line only affects the contribution points you see in the guild list, to test i simply copied this line from a high contributor to one that has not contributed, it is possible to mail yourself the fraction materials for each race and donate to your base.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I realize this thread is a bit old, however, if some one was still looking to adjust contribution points thus being able to level up the base just edit this line, same as those in the above posts,

Original code
Code:
<variable name="faction_contrib" type="Octets">[COLOR="#0000FF"]68020000[/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"]d2[/COLOR]0000006c020000</variable>

The "d2" inred above indicates that you have 210 contribution points to "donate" or use as you wish.. The code in blue, I have no idea on yet, will be doing more experimenting later on and that much needs to remain as they are, for now anyway, till I or some one can figure out what that is. But, after that, starting at the 9th digit location is where to adjust the code. For instance, placing 3e7 in place of the d2, (note: I delete the 3 codes from the 9th to the 11th first before replacing, you can do as you wish). I can not remember off hand how much in contribution points it gave me, i do know it was well over 20,000. some thing line 28,000 I think.

Modded code
Code:
<variable name="faction_contrib" type="Octets">[COLOR="#0000FF"]68020000[/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"]3e7[/COLOR]000006c020000</variable>

Also, I would stress to NOT place to high a coding in there, for instance "fff" would KILL the running world and of course, you wont be able to play untill you reset the world AND removed the code that caused the crash. in the example "fff".. Trial and error, I just used the above in mine and it went threw, so then tried "fff" and POOF, world crashed. :lol:

I hope some one may find it useful, or it can be removed if a mod thinks it necessary, no biggy.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
try octet 400d0300400d0300400d0300 for 200000 contribution

I wouldn't really want to use that whole octets line as only the middle 8 digits are used for the contribution points. I just tested that a few times a moment ago. I am not sure "yet", what the others are for. So, to clarify on how to get 200,000 contribution points, one would, in "MY" case, change the middle 8 digits to the following.

Code:
<variable name="faction_contrib" type="Octets">68020000[COLOR="#FF0000"]400d0300[/COLOR]06c02000</variable>

As you notice, ONLY the digits in red were replaced in my own character XML. I suspect the first and last 8 sets of digits will be different for all, in most cases. So, I would not change those unless you already kow what they are for. I don't.. Yet.
==============================
Ok I did a bit of trial and error on the code above. Found out what it all does.

Code:
<variable name="faction_contrib" type="Octets">[COLOR="#0000FF"]fffae300[/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"]fff4a200[/COLOR][COLOR="#00FF00"]86c02000[/COLOR]</variable>

In the above color coded digits will give you the following.

"Blue" fffae300 = 14940927 in contribution points
"Red" fff4a200 = 10679551 in construction points
"Green" 86c02000 = 2146438 in Merit points

Base advancement, level up, is of course used with "construction" points
Contribution points are used for "purchasing" items or what not from the Faction base in the 4 areas and also from NPC's that may appear.
Merits are for purchasing items or exchange quests within the faction base. I have not done much with this one yet..
Anyway, I hope this will help some of you. I will do what I can with other "codes" as I find them.

Also, my apologies to "gunse".. I have not tried all that yet. Now I understand what it all does. Thanks for adding that up there. It did give me more incentive to find out that parts did what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have not got that far yet. I do not look at all codes at the moment. Pretty much just those that interests me more. :rolleyes:

If I come across it I will look into it unless some one else beats me to it. :D:

Upvote 0
Back