• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

MSBuild Tool Error - Build tools for v141_xp cannot be found

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I installed MSBuild Tool for vs2013 but it still get this error.
Please help me solve it. Thank you.

error MSB8020: The build tools for v141_xp (Platform Toolset = 'v141_xp') cannot be found. To build using the v141_xp build tools, please install v141_xp build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Upgrade Solution..."

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know, i just open gameserver.sln and build a new launcher and i got this error :(

Upvote 0
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
^ That's your problem. You need to select a valid solution configuration first. If the problem persists, set the target platform to the standard vs2013 one in the Project Properties.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
^ That's your problem. You need to select a valid solution configuration first. If the problem persists, set the target platform to the standard vs2013 one in the Project Properties.

Thank you very much, I solved this problem

Upvote 0
Back