Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Multiple Agent Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Heya fellow luna devs,

I was looking for ways to optimize and make luna servers run faster with the networking and ways to optimize it, then I stumbled upon this function from the Agent Server, "Broadcast2AgentServerExceptSelf".
I was under the assumption that a server can only have 1 Agent Server, since I was following Pokchop's tutorial on setting up a luna server, then I noticed that Agent Server's title name is "Agent Server: 0". Then realized, probably that's why it's called "Distributer" so it chooses which Agent server a player connects into.
So I guess my question is, is it possible to run Multiple Agent Servers that connects only into 1 DB and players still connect into the same map server no matter the which Agent Server they are connected into? and If that is true, if 1 agent server crashes, it shouldn't affect those who are connected to the others?

Thanks

Edit: Nvm, I tested it out and it works, however it does introduce quite a few number of bugs. requesting to close the thread. thanks

Last edited:
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
As your probably well aware, the distributor is the central access point for everything. It is also the only application that needs direct access to outside networks. When an agent server crashes, supposedly the distributor is suppose to detect a crash and transfer them over to the next agent server. By the time it crashes, it will all be along the local network so the player shouldn't realize the agent has crashed. Once the distributor has transferred all the users to the next agent server, it should send out a request to the client to update like normal.

I haven't really tested this theory out myself, but after fiddling around for a bit, that's just what the codes telling me. :p

WAH! I just posted! Oh well...

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back