Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent [Multiple Realm] Question

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I just used the information in these pages to create a working Ascent server. Thank you. But, I have a question.

The question is, how do I make it so that I have different drop rates, stats, etc for each realm? Right now, I have two realms. "A" and "B." I would like A to be straight blizz like, and B to have high drop and exp rates.

So... How would I do so? Right now, characters AND stats are shared between the two realms. Please reply at your leisure, I'm still playing around, but a quick answer would be loved.

Please and thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should start 1 loginserver and have 2 different gameservers with different config files and databases. Create 1 login DB, 2 different character DB's and 2 different world DB's. And split the gameserver folders.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I understand what you're telling me to do... could you explain how to do it? I've got very minimal skills in programming, it's more of a hobby than anything.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, what you are about to do does not require high amount of skill in programming actually. Myself I've never tried with this but i can try to tell you how. So please tell me if I'm wrong anyone.

1. You extract your repack twice, which will create 2 different folders with one server in each. we name them A and B to make it easier.
2. Open A folder and edit all of the config files to your Blizzalike server stats, create the DB's logon, world1 and character1. Be sure to edit all the config files so they point at world1 and character1 instead of the default DB names.
2. Open B folder and edit all config files without the arcemu-loginserver.conf to the funserver stats you're satisfied with. Create the DB's world2 and character2 and point the B server to them instead of default values. (Be sure that the "remotepass" options are the same on all of arcemu-loginserver.conf and arcemu-world.conf.
3. Now start Bandit's Restarter in folder A and start both login and arcemu server, start Bandit's Restarter in folder B and start only arcemu server.

Done i presume!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Would there be a way I could contact you for near-instant answers?
I have both MSN and AIM.

Thanks for being so helpful - I'm attempting that now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, what you are about to do does not require high amount of skill in programming actually. Myself I've never tried with this but i can try to tell you how. So please tell me if I'm wrong anyone.

1. You extract your repack twice, which will create 2 different folders with one server in each. we name them A and B to make it easier.
2. Open A folder and edit all of the config files to your Blizzalike server stats, create the DB's logon, world1 and character1. Be sure to edit all the config files so they point at world1 and character1 instead of the default DB names.
2. Open B folder and edit all config files without the arcemu-loginserver.conf to the funserver stats you're satisfied with. Create the DB's world2 and character2 and point the B server to them instead of default values. (Be sure that the "remotepass" options are the same on all of arcemu-loginserver.conf and arcemu-world.conf.
3. Now start Bandit's Restarter in folder A and start both login and arcemu server, start Bandit's Restarter in folder B and start only arcemu server.

Done i presume!

Ok, I've done that, and I have it knowing that there's the other world - but I can still use the same characters as the other realm.

Back