Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MuOnline today

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nowadays, what is the best version to make a server?

From what I saw, the 99d+99i is well developed, but the client is very old,

I also downloaded the S18 but the emulator is consuming a lot of the processor

I haven't tested other versions but I've been away from muserver for a long time, I'd like your opinion

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For me personally, season 1, 2, 3 are the best because it's nostalgic and it's easy to operate for individuals like me, the newer seasons add many features and events but there are many things I don't like. like it and require more people to run it well.

One more thing, the source of the older seasons is more complete, the newer seasons only have big teams or use the run files. it makes adding features and fixing bugs more difficult

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
If u want players randomly checking out ur serverr then the latest seasons, and mby a special s6 custom one, if u want to grow a community then older seasons but u need extra protection antihack always, good files cus most free files are too basic or unstable that were created 10+ years ago. At the end do something that u like and that u like to play and invite your ppl and strategize to gain more players with ofcourse the server being taken caren of regularly, being stable, secure etc.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If u want players randomly checking out ur serverr then the latest seasons, and mby a special s6 custom one, if u want to grow a community then older seasons but u need extra protection antihack always, good files cus most free files are too basic or unstable that were created 10+ years ago. At the end do something that u like and that u like to play and invite your ppl and strategize to gain more players with ofcourse the server being taken caren of regularly, being stable, secure etc.
I’ve noticed that finding a Git repository for a MU server is challenging, unlike with Ragnarok (rAthena) and Tibia (Canary), where I’m accustomed to creating servers. These games have communities that develop projects on a Git repository.

In the MU online community, I couldn’t find any project repositories for community contributions. Instead, there are pre-compiled servers with no option to modify the source. When server issues arise, numerous posts appear with various files to replace and attempts to fix the problem. This seems disorganized. Is this the norm, or did I just not find the repositories?

For instance, the rAthena community for Ragnarok develops a single emulator. As official updates roll out, they update the same emulator, keeping all code in one place. In contrast, I see posts with 3000 editions of mu server, 400 compilations, and 100 Frankenstein servers with files from 300 emulators to build one muserver.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not criticizing the community. In fact, it’s here that I found a MU server that seems to be stable. I’m testing it to play with my friends… I believe that for the public it may not work as I’ve seen it has some bugs.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that finding a Git repository for a MU server is challenging, unlike with Ragnarok (rAthena) and Tibia (Canary), where I’m accustomed to creating servers. These games have communities that develop projects on a Git repository.

In the MU online community, I couldn’t find any project repositories for community contributions. Instead, there are pre-compiled servers with no option to modify the source. When server issues arise, numerous posts appear with various files to replace and attempts to fix the problem. This seems disorganized. Is this the norm, or did I just not find the repositories?

For instance, the rAthena community for Ragnarok develops a single emulator. As official updates roll out, they update the same emulator, keeping all code in one place. In contrast, I see posts with 3000 editions of mu server, 400 compilations, and 100 Frankenstein servers with files from 300 emulators to build one muserver.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not criticizing the community. In fact, it’s here that I found a MU server that seems to be stable. I’m testing it to play with my friends… I believe that for the public it may not work as I’ve seen it has some bugs.
I understand your point, mu development was built though differently, and im sure if you get into it more and do more researchs you will find the right files and sources and what u need if u know how to work with sources (i dont), there are many, scfmt titans tech, igcn, zteam, muemu ,xteam and more, yes many did re-repacked them or re-recoded them to fix /add missing things, and so it became double/triple similar to each release, but as a mu coder im sure u can get through all that.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're right, the mu community is quite fragmented, I'm also new, when I look back at old posts, they share very enthusiastically because at that time there were servers taken from webzen publishers, then emulators developed by igcn or muemu are the most famous, they spend a lot of time developing so they want to earn money from it, and the other part of people want everything for free (there are some people from there nowadays, they are always in the community, trying to ask for and get free things to sell to make money)

There have been a lot of enthusiastic developers who give everything away for free and then when there's a bug or they can no longer get it for free, they turn the blame and insult the developer. On Ragezone or Tsm people have stopped sharing :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
earth19 check my signature ;)

But yeah, it's pretty frustrating that the community is so fragmented and doesn't work on maybe a handful of central repositories.

The released binaries/repacks are pretty useless - if you run into a bug you need fixed, good luck with that. Another point is that these binaries are often compromised with malware. I would never run them on my computer.

Upvote 0
Back