Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

my server = hacked ? -_-

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
was using standard password / username

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

?

anyway if this true that they hacked it how is it possible to change pass from mangos plantium?

thanks in advance =(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
your server was most likely not hacked you most likely have forgot to put your password in some where

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i don't think mangos can be hacked so maybe you forgot to put the password or smthing like that ....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My advice be more careful when typing paswords you might miss something and then you need to do all over to find problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
but i havent change anything =(

BTW can it be hacked when i had 2 admins in my game?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
no the only way they could change your passwords would be if they had physical access to your server you sure that you have mysql running when you start your server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
anyway
Zika123 - my server = hacked ? -_- - RaGEZONE Forums

pic what it says i dint change anything or w/e i shutedown the server last night power on the comp try to start mysql and ths happens

i was just using the standard pass 'root'

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i got it fixed when i deleted navicat and mysql and used the standard mysql

i had them all 3 installed i think that was the problem:p can that be right?

Reaction score
Mangos maybee can not be hacked but if he used standart pass that was delivered on platinum evry one could have acces to his sql and change pasword in that .

So i think he is doomed ;) Only one tip never ever uses an standard pass for an online server and most surtanly not for your sql server and it is out of the question when it is for root access .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mangos maybee can not be hacked but if he used standart pass that was delivered on platinum evry one could have acces to his sql and change pasword in that .

So i think he is doomed ;) Only one tip never ever uses an standard pass for an online server and most surtanly not for your sql server and it is out of the question when it is for root access .

hey mate can you tell me how to change it ?

i would kiss your feet;p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Open up the config files and change them all to your new credentials. You will also need to modify mysql realmlist table. You will want to change your mysql username and password from the default as well, which for mangos plat should be in a config within one of the mysql directories.

Back