Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MySQL databases in IIS

Reaction score
Hey,

Need some help.. I have IIS and poop installed on this windows 2008 VM

i2bxLE7 - MySQL databases in IIS - RaGEZONE Forums

How do i get MySQL on it? I have been stuck on it for about 3 days now.. Im used to using xampp were PHPMyadmin comes with it, and i can easily manage mysql databases for word press sites, and CMS ect.. But this.. Pfft..

And please for the love of god dont tell me to google it.. I have even asked my host and they simply said: you need to install mySQL on it.. Which was a great dead of help.. So if anyone can point me in the way of a good tut.. That would be great, thanks. :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Developer
Reaction score
You have to install Navicat Premium. Connect it to your database port (I think it's 3306) and make a new database. It should connect directly.

You have to pay for navicat premium but if you are that much creepy you can crack it. But than you have to use google :).

From my mobile on Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OR USE THE FREE STUFF!

-uses web brower

andd others can be found here

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I use IIS (ver 6, but applicable to latest version actually, as I have tested on Win2K8 IIS7). I use these apps/add-ons/whateveryouwanttocallit.....

1 - ActivePerl
2 - PHP and FastCGI (mostly for Win2K3, but doesn't conflict in Win2K8)
3 - MySQL (if comes with Oracle Workbench, much better)

Get the latest version, for security reasons and compatibility.

Install by steps given (my steps, means first is ActivePerl and so on...) to reduce any error/incompatibilities.

Why I didn't use XAMPP/WAMP? Because IRL, most SMEs doesn't like you to tweaked/put unnecessary software inside their computer, and also if you can up IIS server, mostly you'll be sought by them.

Not to ridiculed anyone that used other than IIS, but in my XP, setting up IIS to do most of the interactive content in PHP and MySQL is much troublesome, but challenging.

Make sure you tweaked the apps to secure your site and gives you most accessible part of PHP and MySQL. PHPMyAdmin is just for you to test your site is compatible and can runs PHP with MySQL DB. For starters you can use the Oracle Workbench just to configure and setup new DB. Oh yeah, make sure you open the port YOU want to use ONLY, as unused ports that opened is just inviting you for trouble later on.

Never had to find any paidware to setup the MySQL. My proof? My site, purely running on IIS. Still working as of now.

Last edited:
Back