• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Need help on removing these welcome messages.

BdY6h07 - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried disabling channels at gameserver/bin/configs/chat.properties, channel_enable = false, but no luck.
I hope this not written on client:*:

Thanks!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
i believe it's in chat.properties as you said
make sure that you saved the file and restart server
also make sure that the file isn't read only or in C partition that you have to gain sufficient permissions

if none of them works then head to core>configs>chatconfig.java in src
also check core>network>sendable>SMChangeServerExpAndItemDropPercent.java
i've seen some system chat methods in there ( ik it's weird that could be in change rates packet :/)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@NourAyman Thanks! but I'm not sure on the SMChangeServerExpAndItemDropPercent.java, but i'll try to mess around it.

After some searching I manage to find two files that may responsible for those chats.
com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\creature\player\Players.java (LINE 1198), and
com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\chat\ChatChannelController.java

I'll try to edit the Players.java since my goals is to rename the sender of those chats, and recompile.
I have never recompile java before so it may take a bit of learning tho. lol.

Will report here after I recompile.

Upvote 0
(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
I recommend using Intellij IDEA to be aware of implementations and view a clearer code.
best of luck.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dSxb1hl - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums

Done. Got to edit : com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\creature\player\Players.java (LINE 1198), and recompile.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I can't find those files... the "model" folder doesn't exist in my Gamserver folder.

mysteriocrude - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums
mysteriocrude - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums
http://www.noelshack.com/2018-02-1-1515416141-players-java-resultats-de-la-recherche-dans-bdo-server-clover.jpg

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dSxb1hl - Need help on Welcome message - choose channel - Remove those texts - RaGEZONE Forums

Done. Got to edit : com\bdoemu\gameserver\model\creature\player\Players.java (LINE 1198), and recompile.
Explain, please, in steps how to do recompile?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Back