• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Neuz crash after character selection.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Files being used: Source v19-Erendora(GOW Base) & Resource ERENDORA.
DB Srvr being used: MSSQL 2012.
Compiler being used for the execs: VS2012_ULT.
Database problems: None.
Server files/Resource reading problem: None.
Changes from the files: There were no changes from the files being downloaded.

Major problem: Neuz will crash after character selection.
Notes: World server will detect that there is a character logged in as the CCU will change from 0 to 1 and will then go 0 again due to the client being crashed.

Here is the only error the client spits out:

I really need help with this, thank you so much. I've read lots of thread regarding neuz crash with identical errors and I came to the idea about the resdata files? Could it be?

Okay so I debugged my Neuz.exe and it breaks at:

File: 2DRender.cpp
Line: 1251
Statement:

Inactive
Reaction score
This could be due to minimapshader.fx not being in your theme folder, which is the issue i think.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This could be due to minimapshader.fx not being in your theme folder, which is the issue i think.

Hi there and thank you for the reply! The 'minimapshader.fxc' is actually for the folder 'Effect'. Neuz will still crash and this was function I believe for reading the 'minimapshader.fxc' file:
Code:
HRESULT C2DRender::InitDeviceObjects( LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pd3dDevice )
{
	HRESULT hr = S_OK;
	m_pd3dDevice = pd3dDevice;
#if __VER >= 19
	LPD3DXBUFFER Errors;
	if(FAILED(D3DXCreateEffectFromFile( m_pd3dDevice, "Effect\\MinimapShader.fxc", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, &m_pMask, &Errors)))
	{
		if(Errors)
		{
			MessageBoxA(0, (char*)Errors->GetBufferPointer(), "DirectX 11 Compile Error", MB_OK);
		}
	}
	m_pd3dDevice->CreateTexture( 180, 176, 1, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &m_pMinimapTexture, NULL );
	m_pMinimapTexture->GetSurfaceLevel(0, &m_pMinimapSurface);
	m_pd3dDevice->GetRenderTarget(0, &m_pBackBuffer);
#endif
	return hr;
}

Yet this is the Neuz error log in which I believe is the same with the one I posted:

Thank you so much for the reply.

Last edited:
One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a rendering problem with the navigator, is it possible that the resource & client has different world folders? Try to delete World folder from client and get a clean copy from your Resource