• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

New case

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it's about time to get a new case, since my current one pisses me off and it's nearly dead =P.
The Thermaltake Amor and Kandalf caught my eye since they're good looking and they have lots of space (has to have enough space for sli 8800's),
but I'm having my doubts about them.
I'm looking for a nice stylish case with a window, psu in top of case and lots of fans.

So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion or tips.
Another thing I was wondering about are cases with pre-installed watercooling, does anyone have experience with this ?

P.S. My budget is

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can live without the window... then Cooler Master has a nice case.
Here ->

The Cooler Master Stacker 830.
It comes out to being around 160 euros (from USD to Euro).
This will house up to nine 120mm fans, looks good, and has window you wanted. ^^

Or, if you want one that is stylish, etc, with that preinstalled liquid cooling setup ->

This comes out to be about 170 euros (USD to euro, again).
It is a Thermaltake tower with an LCS (liquid cooling system) preinstalled, in addition to being a Full Tower (so it should fit two GeForce 8800s no problem). It also looks good (+), has the side window (+), and will fit many fans (six altogether, four 120mm fans and two 90mm fans)... so that too (+).

Of course, I need to get better acquainted with European distributors, as newegg is stationed on the East coast of America, and tigerdirect's storehouse is in Chicago, Illinois. So this stuff would take awhile to reach you... Perhaps you can see if these same models are in store yourself (as I said, I do not know too much about European distributors).

Reaction score
I have an empty stacker 830 and i'm not too sure how i feel about it tbfh... It is big and has awesome cooling and airflow, but it is huge and heavy (not for LANs). If you want a case to just sit there, you aiint gonna move it, and you aiint gonna carry it around for modding/upgrading regularly, then sure, the Stacker 830 is great.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All integrated water-cooling setups will have lower performance (likely on-par with air cooled) than picking up a few blocks, radiator, and pump yourself.

I've always preferred Lian Li cases myself, but as far as installing watercooling components into them you usually have to do some cutting to make them fit or work efficiently.

If you can find a , you won't be disappointed as a buddy of mine has one and it looks amazing. It has a bottom-mounted PSU position, but the board is flipped as well so that should balance out whatever your needs are with having a top-mount.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is my case

Has fans all over the show - and its like a rave party in the dark with the lights. Its also a massive case

Back