Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Newbie requires help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok. I'm looking for help and advice on how setup wow for play on a lan network.
I need to know basically everything, I don't know much about the tech side of things. So I basically need an idiots guide to setting it up and what software/programs i'll need.

Hope someone can help.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read the stickies. All the info you need is in there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi (-;

What server do you want to run? You basicly have 2 choices:
- Mangos
- Kobold

I recommend Mangos (Running it myself and I have no complaints. There are a few MINOR bugs,
but you will either not notice it or it simply won't bother you)

If you decide to go with Mangos you will need the following:

- MySQL
- SQLyog
- Mangos Revision
- A database
- Your WoW client

I'm running Mangos revision 3123 (by Haken) and SDB 6.0 (Silver database)

You will find many tutorials to setup a Mangos server to play World of Warcraft on the forum.

Here are a few links:

http://forum.ragezone.com/world-war...b-no-support-questions-only-files-166402.html
http://forum.ragezone.com/world-war...-web-guides-tutorials-gm-commands-180964.html
http://forum.ragezone.com/world-warcraft/ultimate-resource-patches-websites-servers-211578.html

Hope this helps...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've tried kobold and while it was easy to get the server up.... it doesn't mention how i setup the wow client to use that server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
or what client version is needed to run on it aswell

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But as I said earlier I'm a complete newbie to things like SQL or anything to do with programming, so unless i have a step by step guide in front of me, I won't have a single clue what needs to be done.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
umm...kobold's fantastic and you set it up with all clients you will go into your wow dir and edit the

realmlist.wtf

with notpad and it will say somthing like set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcaft.com or somthing like that change it to 127.0.0.1 thats if you use my kobold repack

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yep i did that....

But when i logged in on the client it said something about it being the wrong version.....

I currently have wow 1.11.0 installed

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
ahh thats becouse you didnt have the 2.0.1 client you need to update to use kobold v3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no thats kobold v2 there are 3 versions of kobold if you are looking at the one in the sticky its version 2 i gave you a link to version 3 the newest version of kobold it supports 2.0.1 witch is basically burning crusade missing some minor things

Back