• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

NPC Edits for BI, DS, GD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[12-20-2009 update]

Alright here it is, I finished Green Despair and Desert Scream too! This second release is tested by me, and it works great. Wish you all a lot of fun :).

So what does this new version of the package actually change to my game?
- All the sales in the beginner maps are from the very first grade to Mithril, starting at a price of 10.000, ending at 100.000.000
- Armorshop and Grocery sells armor for the specific characters of each map (Grocery still sells the ring to the other map)
- Core Alchemist sells Orbs, Crystals, HP pots, MP pots, Return stones, 4 types of Upgrade Cores and Force cores
- Weaponshop in Bloody Ice sells Greatswords and Blades
- Weaponshops in Desert Scream and Green Despair sells Blades and Katanas

What has changed compared to the previous version?
- Added map-changes for Desert Scream and Green Despair
- Price of Shineguard(WR) in BI was lower than the Shineguard(FS), they are the same now
- Changed prices of other armors a littlebit too
- ..that's it, wasn't much wrong i guess :p

What went wrong during the progress?
- When I thought to be ready for a second release, I realized all the items were without double slots... Arggh!
- Some items in the armorshop were placed in each other > client crash at buying!

If you used my previous version, please update all the files to prevent a client crash :).
If this is the first time you are going to use it, don't forget to follow the steps in the readme.txt file:

1. Open WinSCP and connect to your CentOS machine

2. Once connected, locate this file:
etc\cabal\Data\Data_World\world1-npc.scp

3. When you find it, overwrite that file with my version of world1-npc.scp

4. Do step 2 and 3 again for the following files:
etc\cabal\Data\Data_World\world2-npc.scp
etc\cabal\Data\Data_World\world3-npc.scp

5. Locate the file: root\clientfiles\encfiles\cabal.txt

6. Also overwrite this file with cabal.txt in the downloaded package

7. Make sure that all the files are in the right folder as I just described

8. Close WinSCP and locate this file in your Cabal Online game-folder:
CABAL Online\Data\cabal.enc

9. Again overwrite it with the cabal.enc from my package

10. Close everything and (re)start your server

11. Wait till the server has restarted and then play the game ;)

[12-19-2009]
Hey all. I've been busy at NPC editing as you may have seen here.

Finally I know how to do it well, so I just kept trying stuff and now it's done! Actually I'm a little proud of it :blushing: so that's the reason for this small release. Maybe I will post Green Despair and Desert Scream here soon too, don't know when ^^.

The README.txt from the attached archive is included in this post. See the code below the image links. I hope someone will be very happy with this edit, enjoy :)!

Andreetje - NPC Edits for BI, DS, GD - RaGEZONE Forums

Old readme and archive removed.

Hi Good day!

Can this fix a bug in NPC grocer in DS?

Back