Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Olympic Games 2008

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who do you think would win this Year?

BEIJING: The countdown has begun for the gala opening of the Olympic Games 2008, the world's ultimate sporting competition, on Friday.

The 24th Olympiad will officially open, firing the starting gun at 8:08 pm local time (5:38 pm IST) on the 8th day of the 8th month of the year 08, considered auspicious by the Chinese.

Organising the Games for the first time, China is all set to showcase its brilliance as a host and sports superpower. By putting man-power and machinery in place for a gigantic project costing $40 billion, it is bound to enhance its image as a country that is fast opening out to the world, yet retains its mystique.

The only drawback could be China's inability to clear the atmosphere of pollution, despite trying everything that it could.

Over the next 16 days, more than 10,500 of the best international athletes will compete for the 302 gold medals up for grabs across 28 sports.

A spectacular fireworks display will mark the occasion. Besides the main Bird's Nest stadium, the National Stadium, that has 36 kilometres of steel inter-twined as twigs, for breathtaking architecture, fireworks of different shapes would be set off over the Olympic Forest Park and a section of the Great Wall.

While hundreds of athletes are anxious to carry their National flag in the opening ceremony, Indian contingent will be led by the flag-bearer Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.

Hoping for its first gold medal in the last seven editions, eight-time gold medallist India has slipped so badly in hockey that it does not figure this time around. The onus will be on the shooters, the boxers, the archers and tennis aces Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi, to take that small step up from the silver medal in Athens.

Besides Beijing, Qingdao will hold the sailing competition, Hong Kong will be the location for the equestrian events, and football will be played in Tianjin, Shanghai, Shenyang and Qinhuangdao.

The closing ceremony will bring down the curtain on August 24 before the Paralympic Games take over from September 6-17.

Alongwith the Gandhi family, Minister of state for External Affairs Anand Sharma and Sports Minister MS Gill will be attending the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games.

------------

Gotta Watch!

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I hope mah brazil will finally gets its gold medal for football, 5 times world cup champion but no holy crap gold olympic medal? shame, it does not look bright for us.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[youtubevid]UgmUSfKF77I[/youtubevid]

this is the best Olympic advert
i think the music is great xD

someone should remix it i think...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can only say one thing " Wow "

The introduction of China[/b
Was so good

1.) Drawing
2.) Background about China
3.) Tidal Wave Dance

Still Watching... SO LIVE!
You guys should turn on tv!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nice lilkaos, and yay olympics! :]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice I'll be watching closely. Unfortunately woke up early to catch the ceremonies this morning. Turns out the idiots aren't showing them live :/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
silk road is pretty cool

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i love all this chinese singing.
well the background, the main one sounds like a cat.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1000 performers!
jesus i would love to be part of that

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well

china is hosting this year.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It has already started. I gotta say, very amazing opening!

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I gonna complain that nations intro...It is too long.
EDIT: Boring, at nation intro part...very.

PS: Watching...

-F.O.X

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got a hand it to those Chinese, they're pretty creative.

Back