Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Online server on Windows?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So after a long time I decided to start again the development. I have now learned Java and start learning C++ also , I also have played with some game engines , created custom ai , custom guns , scripted them and I feel that now it will be easier for me to create my server (correct me if I am wrong) . I have a question. Is there any way to make my server run on Windows online? Can I use any language that I have "learned" to help me achieve this? Any answers will be really appreciated :thumbup1: .

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Is the search button broken? Seriously I am all for helping newer people, but yet again same questions asked and answered many, many, many times over. No Perfect World servers Can Not be ran on Windows of any kind.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is the search button broken? Seriously I am all for helping newer people, but yet again same questions asked and answered many, many, many times over. No Perfect World servers Can Not be ran on Windows of any kind.

I suppose I must say thanks. But I have done a little research and I saw that using the search button in help section people saying that you can't make a server on windows , but the same button in the tutorial page says that you have to modify something blah blah so that's why I asked.

Upvote 0
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
The only way to run it on Windows is in a VM, which IMO isn't running it on Windows. It is running it on a version of Linux on a fake computer running Windows, so if you really wanted to be precise yes it is possible if said Windows machine is hosting a VM running some form of Linux.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The only way to run it on Windows is in a VM, which IMO isn't running it on Windows. It is running it on a version of Linux on a fake computer running Windows, so if you really wanted to be precise yes it is possible if said Windows machine is hosting a VM running some form of Linux.

So now I can say from the depths of my heart thank you.

Upvote 0
Back