Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2J OnScreen Damge (Critical Hit)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi people, how are you?. I'm trying to modify a screen on damage in H5, but i dont understand the functions. i have this code but when my PJ makes a Critical hit is painted on orange color but i wanna to show the damage and the word "Critical", could someone give me a hand please?. i can pay for it.

this is the HandleSystemMessage attached into the post

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
You are in the switch-case statement on case 139, which seems to be resist message index and not the critical.

From this code, the critical message color would be displayed only when the resist is happening and I don't think you can resist and get a critical at the exactly same time.

Also, I'm not exactly sure why there are 2 switch cases for the same thing.

What source code files are you using?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont remember what source i'm using, i used deadz and glock. Now, i'm trying to add messages when the player gain exp or when him receive damage. do you know where must i touch?.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What code i should take if i wanna show Message OverHit, 2261 is for single hit but the overshit is made with a skills.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
If possible, the best way to see what indexes are for every message is to debug the server application from your IDE. (breakpointing on vars, functions and methods and see their values in run-time).
I don't know what's the message index for Overhit. You are using some other sources which I have no knowledge of them which include this message handler.

Pinpointing you to a location in files is very hard without having your source code tho. I've searched 4 different source codes. None of them have that handler or anything regarding the system messages or damage message handlers.

From what file of your server source code is this handler tho?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Zipper. I never used de debug in the IDE, i don't know how can i do it and playing the game. It is hard to do it?.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
No, it's not complicated. Go and watch some tutorials about breakpoints.

If you can run the app directly from IDE after you compiled it, that's debugging, or you have the Run Debug in Eclipse. It should work.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
One question. Where can i find in the server core the events that shows in the inferface.u?.
I would like to know what options are with:
EV_SystemMessage
EV_AttackForDmg
Etc.

and params that are set here

ParseInt(a_Param,"Index",SystemMsgIndex); I saw that in another part of code in ParseInt i obtain damage that the player does with-> ParseInt(a_Param,"Param3", playerDamage);

Upvote 0
Back