Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Overriding NPC Content from WZ

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How would one go about overriding the function where NPCs retrieve their content from the WZ files, and instead direct it from the scripts/npc folder?

FOR EXAMPLE: If I wanted to use THIS NPC
KerningCity - Overriding NPC Content from WZ - RaGEZONE Forums
and allow it to use a CUSTOM SCRIPT, that is placed in the scripts/npc folder, I would usually just create a new .js file with the NPC's id as the file name.

When I try this, go in-game and click on the NPC, the content that pops up is the default stuff that is found in the WZ files of the game itself.

How would one redirect the content and retrieve it from the scripts/npc folder instead?

Thanks for any help given by the way:eek:tt:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I believe it doesn't really make it scriptable cause you can't add selections or anything. It's just one NPC chat with an ok.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I believe it doesn't really make it scriptable cause you can't add selections or anything. It's just one NPC chat with an ok.
Doesn't Hendi's method allow the NPC to read from the .js file and do whatever it says?

Upvote 0
Back