Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Photo Manipulation]Gotw 3.2 (making of..) C&c

Reaction score
When ChewBecca said "freestlye" I instantly though of making something special. Although the vector based idk what won , I still consider this one , one of my works that I spent most time on it.

Mucski - [Photo Manipulation]Gotw 3.2 (making of..) C&c - RaGEZONE Forums

The truth is , I wanted to do something out of box , and make it pixel perfect. So I stumbled upon this tutorial , which I stopped reading after the first two lines , however I liked the cloud idea , and the "this is what you'll be making".

So I went on a journey to look for cloud stocks , and I stumbled uppon this

which is a huge stock , thanks to Valentine on DeviantART.

So that picture was excelent , but 1 stock is not enough to make a photo manipulation , so I thought , instead of trees sticking out of clouds (see the tutorial above) let's make it a cliff. So I searched for a cliff stock , which is here

which I masked out , and put it right above the cloud. Than I thought , I need something on that cliff , so why not a fantasy Unicorn? Unfortunately after countless hours of searching for Unicorns , I only found ugly ones , or just not suitable for that cliff , so I thought why not a wolf that howls to the moon , never thought there is no moon though but oh well , I found this guy

who was positioned exactly as I wanted , after 30 minutes messing with the pen tool , I cut him out and put him above the cliff , and surprise , he matched perfectly.

Than I needed a second layer of clouds , to cover the top part of the picture. This is when I found this nice wallpaper , and became the perfect image for my composition

Now the whole thing was weird looking , top orange , bottom sky blue ,cliff green withthe lightning on the wrong side , the wolf same , so i turned all into sepia. That made all blend , so I merged the two cloud layers , and started painting over the wolf's dark part , leaving the bright part untouched , thus achieved the perfect lightning position. Not to mention that the cliff was still sticking out from nowhere. So I took some cloud brushes (yes surprisingly those exist) , and added some clouds on the bottom part of the cliff , thus it made it look like its sticking out of the clouds , which is what I really wanted.

A nice adition would have been a dead tree to the composition , so I found this

Which required re-painting , and removing the watermarks.

Finally I painted over the bright parts of the cliff , so that's why its so dark. At the end I applied an action called CMYK-60k , which gave the beautiful fantasy color to the whole composition.

Reaction score
This is one of those art , that I am sure I can't recreate again and to look the same. Thanks. The only thing that bothered me all the time , is that the cliff's edge is blurry , that's because I blurred it out after I masked it out , because it was ugly.

Also the picture was bigger when I submitted it. Looks like ChewBecca had to resize it.

Reactions: 404
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is one of those art , that I am sure I can't recreate again and to look the same. Thanks. The only thing that bothered me all the time , is that the cliff's edge is blurry , that's because I blurred it out after I masked it out , because it was ugly.

Also the picture was bigger when I submitted it. Looks like ChewBecca had to resize it.

Nup, just put in the image you gave to me, the forum rezises!

Or photobucket, although I did set it to not resize images... So maybe its decided to turn its self back to rezising my bloody images.. =/

Back