• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PHP] Booking CMS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, i'm gonna explain you my request in order to get some help with a new project i'm doing right now, a Booking CMS that must speed up some work that first was done in pure html/css only.

I have an idea about how must be done but I think there are moments in life (LOL) when a man must listen to others in order to chose the best idea, so here are doubts I have:

1. Credit Cards Encryption (I was thinking to use the RSA one but the PRIVATE KEY is way too long to be memorized by a human so I need something like a random/not random 5-10 alphanumeric string) - every client that use the CMS must have a PUBLIC KEY and a PRIVATE ONE in order to just decrypt their own's client's credit cards.
  2. User's password hashing - SHA2('512') would be enough I think.
  3. Got to write a function in order to just auto link some words inside articles on some hotels/BB.
  4. Image Manager - Must use one because every article has a built-in gallery of the hotel/BB/etc.

Enough for today :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't quite understand? A booking system?

It's a bit complicated to explain but i'll try :)

This booking system allows to customers to manage their own hotel/BB/etc so for example if a person want to book a room for 1 day they go on this website, search for one hotel and send the book.
The hotel's manager log inside his own account and receive the book and the encrypted C.C. data and with his own secret password just decrypt data and takes the money and sure, they pay a fee to the website's administrator for the service they got.

tha't s sumary of what I have to do.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's a bit complicated to explain but i'll try :)

This booking system allows to customers to manage their own hotel/BB/etc so for example if a person want to book a room for 1 day they go on this website, search for one hotel and send the book.
The hotel's manager log inside his own account and receive the book and the encrypted C.C. data and with his own secret password just decrypt data and takes the money and sure, they pay a fee to the website's administrator for the service they got.

tha't s sumary of what I have to do.

So it's a large booking system, and hotels would register an account, that they can manage themselves. I come along and want to book any hotel, and looking for one in a particular area, I search it up and you book it through this system, and for this booking to be received it, the hotel manager and/or employees log in to the hotels account and accepts this booking and then you're charged a service fee for the use of the booking system?

Is that how it's intended to work.

How much experience do you have in PHP?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I have done some works like little/medium scripts like small cms or just some plugin for friends but this is my first very big project.

I know it's pretty hard but i'm a hardass wich works on something until he's done.

Back