Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Please visit my website

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It's my website I made for my A-level project. Simple, but effective in my opinion. Please visit it as I need some hits so I can put down that I advertised my site.

Hope you don't mind MentaL, it's just a little project site.

Any tips on how it can be improved would be appreciated.

ty :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
GohanSSJ said:
Yeah but gif files are limited in quality, best would be actually png.

This is a interesting read
gif files are not limited in quality :) in fact, given the right image it's perfect quality ^^
png is just gif with more compression and supports transparancy i think o_O... cant remember... either way png may be better but i always use gif :) you can limit filesize enormously, not to mention no quality loss :p

Reaction score
NeoSparky said:
gif files are not limited in quality :) in fact, given the right image it's perfect quality ^^
png is just gif with more compression and supports transparancy i think o_O... cant remember... either way png may be better but i always use gif :) you can limit filesize enormously, not to mention no quality loss :p
Gif is limited to 256 colours, thus crap quality.

Also it's gif that supports transparency, i'm not sure about PNG on that.

I think your confused with JPG.

And the guy who wrote that knows lots and lots about this

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
GohanSSJ said:
Gif is limited to 256 colours, thus crap quality.

Also it's gif that supports transparency, i'm not sure about PNG on that.

I think your confused with JPG.

And the guy who wrote that knows lots and lots about this
he doesnt sound like it :tp: doesnt even mention what lossy/losless means (i think... tbh was not to the point, didnt read it all :tp: )
and i know well enough when to use jpg and when to use gif :)
fact remains that png is better, yet not a standard (yet) ^^
simply coz png = gif, just improved...

gif is limited to 256 colours, and is perfect for webdesign :)
it makes it's own colour table, using only the colours it needs, making it very compact
gif and jpg can't be compared... you dont save everything in either one of these two formats... you combine..
gif = lots of seemless spaces of the same colour
LOSLESS
jpg = photographs, complicated images (with lots of colour differentiation)
LOSSY

Last edited:
Reaction score
You say gif is perfect for webdesign, but if you want a nice logo then gif won't do the trick, it makes it look crap.

Png might not be standard, however it's supported by all browsers these days, and for example the upload of vB.

If you use a simple banner and all then gif is fine, but when you go for higher quality and all then you better go for PNG.

As for him not sounding like it... well i posted before work of him, his site is changed now and not everything is on it, but he is good, really good.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
GohanSSJ said:
You say gif is perfect for webdesign, but if you want a nice logo then gif won't do the trick, it makes it look crap.

Png might not be standard, however it's supported by all browsers these days, and for example the upload of vB.

If you use a simple banner and all then gif is fine, but when you go for higher quality and all then you better go for PNG.

As for him not sounding like it... well i posted before work of him, his site is changed now and not everything is on it, but he is good, really good.
i kno

Back