Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PokeMMO

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
so the website pokemmo.eu is up and i was wondering if it is anyone from heres handywork?

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The creators are from this forum, but not this section.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It had a ragezone feel to it :p

Thanks for answering :)

Reaction score
its a funny version considering it uses pokemon roms.
I've had there source for a while, since before they released the game to the public, they had there client and server source on there webhost.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
its a funny version considering it uses pokemon roms.
I've had there source for a while, since before they released the game to the public, they had there client and server source on there webhost.

It would be nice if you can share the source, in my opinion pokemmo is currently the best pokemon mmorpg.
If the source on you hdd is useful and working, please share it:)

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how they came about todo that using a rom, id really like to see someone create a (MMBN) megaman battle network server in this method.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Imo seems better, I tested the two for a couple of hours each.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think they don't use the roms for the actual game data, but just to verify that the players have a legal copy of the game.
(It won't work ofcourse because the roms all over the internet)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think they don't use the roms for the actual game data, but just to verify that the players have a legal copy of the game.

Nah, you are wrong sir. They use the roms so they do not have to make sprits. Meaning they use it for everything you "see" in game. When it comes to actual function that is handled on server side with scripts. Going into a gym, npcs attacking you automatically and so on.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nah, you are wrong sir. They use the roms so they do not have to make sprits. Meaning they use it for everything you "see" in game. When it comes to actual function that is handled on server side with scripts. Going into a gym, npcs attacking you automatically and so on.

to break it down the ROM = Client, holds all the information.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ROM=Read Only Memory, You'd have to edit it to overwrite what it does instead of changing the code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

:laugh:

Reaction score
nothing wrong with it, he didnt decompile, they run off java, but the classes use so its nearly impossible to get there directories, and variables.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nothing wrong with it, he didnt decompile, they run off java, but the classes use so its nearly impossible to get there directories, and variables.
Exact. Nothing more than unfortunaly.
Bad thing cause it will be a good plan to work on this.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
is it possible to make a packet logger for the in and out going packets?
I think it shouldn't be hard to catch all packets and make a server emulator..

Reaction score
Yes, though it would be easier to use an existing packet logger, however there game is coded in java, thus using javaw.exe, which doesnt show up on most packet editors/sniffers, like WPE Pro, or the modified version, even if its granted full access, however cheat engine is capable of accessing the javaw.exe it doesnt have much power for logging packets. When all is said and done, it would be easier just to code your own, considering there are countless tutorials on how to code tools to edit roms, or pull data from theme, its just a matter of making the client pull it like a rom hacking tool does and read the data.

Back