Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Port Forwarding Request And Question [Urgent]

Gx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone with a coding background can change up this software, http://www.forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=440460&highlight=port to work with Cabal online's config?

I believe it will help many new comers when it comes to port forwarding, such as myself :)

With that said I also have a question, after I set Port forward from 30000 to 40000 what protocol do I use, UDP or TCP?

Also, after changing all the IP's config in the stated ini's (accordin to Darxl's Video guide) what else is there to do?..

To port forward with my modem this is the info i require:

Pinhole Name
Protocol Select UDP or TCP
External Port Start
External Port End
Internal IP Address
Internal Port

Furthermore my Network card is bridged in CentOS-05, is this alright?

Any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Ok... after using the following settings...

Pinhole Name: Localdomain
Protocol Select TCP
External Port Start 38101
External Port End 38121
Internal IP Address 192.168.2.5 (centOS IP)
Internal Port 38101

I tried testing it with:
and get the status of stealth after test completion..

Would anyone know what the problem might be?

I've tried several things with no luck, would anyone mind coaching me through it?

I think my bridge network might be the problem, but I have no choice because I cant seem to get NAT working for some reason..

I have reseted everything to the way it was before. I can connect to server with no errors :)

Just need to get it to "online" mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this section is for cabal, not for hardware help ;)

Upvote 0

Gx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
this section is for cabal, not for hardware help ;)

Oh.. sorry about that bro, I saw some port forwarding questions in this section and thought it was ok..

I used that site already, my gui is diffrent from theres even wen the model number and everything is the same.

Regardless i Got to port forwarding page, and it asks for the following info:

Pinhole Name
Protocol Select
External Port Start
External Port End
Internal IP Address
Internal Port

Like stated above I put the info down, but when trying to test the port it says status is "stealth".

Now i set everything back to normal, and I'm waiting for someone to give me step by step directions, seeing it doesn't work when I try.

Hopefully someone has msn... makes life alot easier :)

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Stealthed" means that when the port scan was tried the scan didn't return a "blocked" it didn't get a response at all. It usually means that there is a firewall in the way somewhere that is stealthing the ports and you might have left the centos firewall on.

A step by step is impossible to do without the make and model of your modem/router as the setup is different, i could post mine but it would mean nothing to anyone that doesn't have the same router as me.

The protocol you want is TCP/UDP, the external port (both start and end) should be one of the two in internal.txt, the internal port should be the same and the internal ip should be the centos LAN ip.

I cannot see any way that tool can auto-configure your router without authenticating the user/pass needed to access it's CP (and i seriously doubt it would support EVERY bios out there) so i suspect it is just forwarding ports between two computers and might not be that useful. It can't hurt to try it though.

Upvote 0

Gx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
"Stealthed" means that when the port scan was tried the scan didn't return a "blocked" it didn't get a response at all. It usually means that there is a firewall in the way somewhere that is stealthing the ports and you might have left the centos firewall on.

A step by step is impossible to do without the make and model of your modem/router as the setup is different, i could post mine but it would mean nothing to anyone that doesn't have the same router as me.

The protocol you want is TCP/UDP, the external port (both start and end) should be one of the two in internal.txt, the internal port should be the same and the internal ip should be the centos LAN ip.

I cannot see any way that tool can auto-configure your router without authenticating the user/pass needed to access it's CP (and i seriously doubt it would support EVERY bios out there) so i suspect it is just forwarding ports between two computers and might not be that useful. It can't hurt to try it though.

I'm not sure what tool you are talking about.. If it's Portforward.com it simple gives you a guide with easy to follow pics...

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but when you say centos LAN ip you are reffering to the one we use to connect with putty... or winSCP?

192.168.1.5?

Aslo the public Id is that of windows xp right..?
or do i go onto Centos and go to whatsmyip.org?
I don't think I will get 2 diffrent Connections.. My internet is bridged between the two
Thanks for the help thus far, I see my config was wrong when it came to port forwarding.. Will redo :)

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean the tool linked in the first post ;)

The wan ip is what you see when you go to . The windows lan ip is what you see when you do "ipconfig" and the centos ip is what you see when you do "ifconfig". The wan ip should show the same for both windows and centos if you visit whayismyip.com ut both windows and centos will have their own lan ip addresses.

Upvote 0

Gx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I mean the tool linked in the first post ;)

The wan ip is what you see when you go to . The windows lan ip is what you see when you do "ipconfig" and the centos ip is what you see when you do "ifconfig". The wan ip should show the same for both windows and centos if you visit whayismyip.com ut both windows and centos will have their own lan ip addresses.

Got it working appreciate it alot
Why arent you a mod yet? :p

Thanks again for your help!

P.S. What diffrence would it make if i were to open both Ip's listed in internal.txt?

I can't seem to connect to channel for some odd reason....

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nobody has offered me a mod spot and i think we need one as i have never seen mods post in here. I'm probably too new to be considered though :(

Both ports in internal need to be forwarded as one is the game itself and one is the chat node. If the chat node can't connect then you get no buddy/guild list and whisper won't work. Both IP addresses in internal.txt should be the same.

If you can't connect delete your logs before starting the services, try connecting a few times (sometimes 4 or 5 attempts are needed to get in, it's a known bug) and then check the logs for clues. Post the logs if you aren't sure what to look for.

Send me a PM if you update the post as they fly off the first page pretty quick and i tend to miss updates sometimes ;)

Got it working appreciate it alot
Why arent you a mod yet? :p

Thanks again for your help!

P.S. What diffrence would it make if i were to open both Ip's listed in internal.txt?

I can't seem to connect to channel for some odd reason....

Upvote 0

Gx

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok great..
I will clear all my logs and try Service Cabal Restart

I will be Pm'ing you my logs, because the problem consists on my friend's server, and he's hesitant in letting his IP out, don't ask why :p

Please check your inbox in a minute

Also I was wondering if it's possible to connect to different databases together, or to different computer's in different location to the same Database.

i was thinking if that were to be possible it will allow more recourses and space, and if one computer was to shut down another will be still running.

Thanks.

Nobody has offered me a mod spot and i think we need one as i have never seen mods post in here. I'm probably too new to be considered though :(

Both ports in internal need to be forwarded as one is the game itself and one is the chat node. If the chat node can't connect then you get no buddy/guild list and whisper won't work. Both IP addresses in internal.txt should be the same.

If you can't connect delete your logs before starting the services, try connecting a few times (sometimes 4 or 5 attempts are needed to get in, it's a known bug) and then check the logs for clues. Post the logs if you aren't sure what to look for.

Send me a PM if you update the post as they fly off the first page pretty quick and i tend to miss updates sometimes ;)

Upvote 0
Back