Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Problem with CentOS ! IP!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Problems with CentOS ! IPs! + ScreenShot !

This is my ipconfig and ifconfig , i tried evrything!!!Winscp give me error when connect , cant connect...
tell me which ips to put in the "eth0" plzz??

Smiagol1000 - Problem with CentOS ! IP! - RaGEZONE Forums

Big tnx.

Last edited:
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When the centos machine starts check ifconfig and write down the ip and netmask that you see.

Now set your networking settings to manual config and add the ip/netmask you got before. You can find your gateway using the ipconfig command on your Windows machine.

DNS server IP doesn't matter as it is not needed for the server. It will mean you can't access websites but the server doesn't need to do that to work ;)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When i put ipconfig in the "Run" black window appears and disapers...
cant find this ifconfig :/

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ifconfig is the centos equivalent of ipconfig. Open a centos terminal and type "su - root", press Enter and type in your root password when asked. Now to ifconfig to get the ip adddress.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The problem that i didn't installed CentOS , im only in the part of editing "eth0"...in the start...:punch:

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Leave it on DHCP for now and install the rest of centos. When you start centos up it will automatically be assigned an address from vmware's built in DHCP server. Once you are into centos use ifconfig to see what it has been assigned and then set that as the manually assigned ip.

The window ip changing all the time should not be a problem as long as you remember to update odbc.ini on the centos machine. You might be able to use a hostname in odbc.ini, like the windows machine name, and that should but i have not tested it.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
login as root and write in terminal SETUP then choose network and set there

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is my ipconfig and ifconfig , i tried evrything!!!
which ips to put in the "eth0" plzz??

Smiagol1000 - Problem with CentOS ! IP! - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back