Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ps2 chip

Reaction score
ye a boot disc or a ps2 chip wich they usualy do down the local market sumtimes or a dodgy electrical guy or sumone that deals in tha busines should be able to sort you out.

Reaction score
in any case you need a modchip , to use with a bootcd ( Action Replay v2 method ) or selfbot ( the expensive chip )

its better the expensive chip , since its possible to use on ripped dvds also , you just put the dvd , cd and it will automatickly load

Reaction score
60 bucks for the chip , then depending on who puts on the ps2 , it needs to be open , sold some pieces inside.

for some info , but thats where you can get the chip , it really depends , where in portugal I know 3 persons who install it , like for 100

Last edited:
Reaction score
the methods of using swap discs messes with the disc drive

since you have to keep your finger on the eject button for X seconds then waiting for the cd to stop ( tray opens ) then you have Y seconds to change cd ( tray closes restart )

with the self boot chips , its just put CD/DVD , reboot ps2 , it will load without doing poop ( and doesnt mess with the hardware life

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well except that you will be having a chip fried on your PS2 that shouldn't be there, now that's not a really big problem, but when you want it repaired then it might give some problems.

Personally i would use a bootdisk, ok might not be as easy, but imo less risky, yes it does burn up it's laser faster, but you can easily get those replaced, and trust me, it takes long before those aren't working anymore.

Reaction score
depends m8 , i can take off the chip if it fries , beside its with one for about 2 years , i use it nonstop and never had problems

with the boot cd on a 2nd ps2 , i had to change the laser 1 time which sucked

the boot cd was used on a pal ps2 version ( the new ones )

the ps2 with the chip is a old us ps2 ( 1st versions )

it amazes me that the new ps2 are just a piece of plastic , they removed too many things on the motherboard to make it cheaper , even the laser it seems more robust on the old ps2 than on the new one

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well i got a chipped Playstation so i know that it works well, but i also know that if you have to take it off that they will be able to see it, and trust me, they will, because they want to see it.

As for the boot CD, i use it all the time for my DC, works fine.

Reaction score
yep on the dc the boot system was soo much nicer

btw it depends on the solding , i can remove it without leaving a trace , but well i had an electronics course and i have the material for it , the only problem could be the metal piece that is broken on the new ps2 or i think it was the middle ones , that had a stupid metal case that you had to break so you could get to a particular place.

but its damn rare to fry a ps2

Reaction score
yep i was checking it now lol , it seems to be safer , but still it seems to duck the laser , since you kinda make some force to open the tray , just testing one :p

Reaction score
m8 i have a slide card, i use it and it works great. it does absolutely no damage to the ps2, all you have to remove is the front cover of the cd tray and your done.

edit: you dont force the tray open, on the card there is a hook that moves this little pin in the tray that makes it slide open.

Reaction score
Kaoii767 said:
m8 i have a slide card, i use it and it works great. it does absolutely no damage to the ps2, all you have to remove is the front cover of the cd tray and your done.

edit: you dont force the tray open, on the card there is a hook that moves this little pin in the tray that makes it slide open.

eheh you still need to remove the front cover ;)

eheh ya I'm seeing what are you talking about , look fun if its like that , its something like the old method on dc or psx with the pin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Akaruz said:
yep on the dc the boot system was soo much nicer
Well that boot system is the dream of every gamer, i mean most games that i downloaded already had it's own bootsystem, so i didn't even had to use a bootdisk to play it.

Reaction score
the slide card is the easiest, you dont have to solder anything, all you have to do is remove one screw a then push something up. if you ever want to put the front cover back, its not hard.. but it doesnt really look any different.

one your front cover is off, you put which boot disk you want to boot from in, CD or DVD. once that is done, you slide the tray open, remove the boot disk, put the copied cd in, push the tray back in, then slide the tray shut. it only takes 15 seconds, literally.

MentaL's Girlfriend
Legend
Reaction score
ok ok ok ok guys to much now, im intrested in the slide card now, erm... thnx for the ideas guys, but slide card seems safer, kaoii how much does it cost ruffly ?

Back