Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Python 2.7] Beta MapleStory Python Server Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've started developing beta MapleStory with a Python 2.7 server.

The development is still in early stages, I started developing this project on December 30th of 2012.

Tasks Completed:
*Unpack client, make localhost, remove mutex check
*Handshake
*Encryption
*Login

I hope to complete the following things before school starts:

To do:
*Character select
*Character create
*Get in game

I plan on making the source public once I am satisfied with the progress I have made

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What next? PHP MapleStory execution-based server? :eek:
Anyways good luck with the development.

Delta
Reaction score
What next? PHP MapleStory execution-based server? :eek:
Anyways good luck with the development.
Actually, don't know if it's still around in the Dev section, but it's already been done ahaha :p not AT ALL efficient, but someone went ahead and did a "proof-of-concept" and it worked surprisingly ahaha :p i can't remember for the life of me who it was off the top of my head but it should be there.

EDIT: I think this is the source trac for it, but I cannot find the actual thread posted:

:p

Reaction score
Is Python that low on your list? :3
Good luck, op :) Seems like a cool project. This is v40b, right?

v40 beta MapleStory. I chose python because it hasnt been done in yet and I figured it would be a fun experience to RE the game, figured as I had nothing else to crack

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What's up DataBus, that's a long time ago.
I thought you quit deving, anyways goodluck with ur project ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
post the image here, cause i know python too lol would love to see your codes etc

✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
post the image here, cause i know python too lol would love to see your codes etc

I smell supreme leecher :>

Anyway, this will be interesting. I know some other guys created a v40b source in some other language (C language of some sort I think) but they gave up and now I can't find the source anywere.

Hope you make a server with this :) I'd play like a maniac :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I smell supreme leecher :>

Anyway, this will be interesting. I know some other guys created a v40b source in some other language (C language of some sort I think) but they gave up and now I can't find the source anywere.

Hope you make a server with this :) I'd play like a maniac :D

it's c#
by diamondo25, he made the svn private at xp-dev so can't get the latest one :/

- source
- setup
- localhost

Last edited:
✞ Godlike ✞
Reaction score
it's c#
by diamondo25, he made the svn private at xp-dev so can't get the latest one :/

- source
- setup
- localhost

Oh right! :)

But thanks for the source tho, now I got something to do :p

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
WTF ?! Im just asking so I can maybe see and help in various way of code improvement I know Python too whats there to leech tard..

Reaction score
Sorry that there hasn't been any updates on this project. I've been studying for exams. I wasn't aware that someone else had already made a v40 beta of this version, that's unfortunate :( I thought this would be original.

I'll post my code if I decide to finish the project. I'll have more time when exams are over.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sorry that there hasn't been any updates on this project. I've been studying for exams. I wasn't aware that someone else had already made a v40 beta of this version, that's unfortunate :( I thought this would be original.

I'll post my code if I decide to finish the project. I'll have more time when exams are over.

Yes, someone has made it already. But it's like, impossible to use for the normal person. Far too many errors in the log. This may not be 100% original, but if it works good then it will be the first working public v40b source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back