Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[QUESTION] ArcEmu/Aseent/Mango?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,
We're planning on setting a second server on our Project that would be a WoW one, first time setting WOW server, which of the Emulators is the better one? Which is more advanced and is more updated? We're trying to get the Ascent working but it keeps popping errors and I don't receive help At all on that forum, so I'm thinking maybe try another one (Arc or Mango)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You better get Ascent working its the best one in my option.

If i had too choose between Mango and ArcEmu i would choose Mango its pretty easy too Set-Up and should not give you Errors.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer, my error log is very long this is a part from it: ofcourse something is missing from our OS, or the files are corrupted.. But no one helped me in the right topic in 10+h or so >.> Really screws all the work.

I started to re-do everything again so first errors here:
Leeching from SVN Goes Great...Checked out revision 4842.

Then...autoreconf --force --install errors:

yuki@gameserver:~/ascent/trunk$ autoreconf --force --install
/usr/share/aclocal/nspr.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_NSPR
run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'nf --force --installautoreconf --force -
or see
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:167: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK
/usr/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AALIB
/usr/share/aclocal/nspr.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_NSPR
run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
or see
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/imlib.m4:167: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB
/usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GTK
/usr/share/aclocal/audiofile.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE
/usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_AALIB
configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac: installing `./missing'
extras/collision/collision_dll/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
yuki@gameserver:~/ascent/trunk$

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
On Your Fisrt Post it's known that you are very new in WoW Emulation? There is Other Emu Too,then Mangos Or Arcemu....
Mangos Sux Because When You have Cd Maps on it's impossible To Hung More Than 100 Players online..There is Dc's And Fu&& Lag..
And Arcemu Is only Good With Stability..In other i can't See any Features on it...
There is New Emu's..Wcell & Spurious Emu...Spurious Is in Working Progress And What About Wcell it Have A Good future..Also there Is "Laughing Kobold" A.K.A Ludmilla Emu..Which Have Best Future's Then Any Emu..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you're saying that it is the best because it's made by you, and your site doesn't work and you have no svn so blah! I want someone would help me with this crappy error ^_^ ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MaNGOS is the way to go. I don't understand why users are still complimenting on Ascent/ArcEmu features & stability, they are lacking in both areas. MaNGOS has surely surpassed Ascent in features, even when Ascent was in active development (the only difference between the two was stability) - but, now Ascent is no longer being developed, and ArcEmu has severely stained the reputation of Ascent stability and is most definately behind MaNGOS in features.

MaNGOS is can be sufficiently stable nowadays with good hardware & is MUCH farther ahead feature wise, and it is just as easy to set it up as ArcEmu (they have evolved from the same base -> WoWd)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mangos Us Laggy it can't hung more then 100 player without Dc an Lag..No Sense It would Be Running on Quad Core or Xeon With 4 Gb ram..Core Suck's,Cause When You run Mangos With Cd Maps...it's impossible to play..
Kobold Is Most Stable server..Where Was Mangos And Ascent When Ludmilla Was Written lol Noobs,it's Second Emu after WoWEmu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mangos Us Laggy it can't hung more then 100 player without Dc an Lag..No Sense It would Be Running on Quad Core or Xeon With 4 Gb ram..Core Suck's,Cause When You run Mangos With Cd Maps...it's impossible to play..
Kobold Is Most Stable server..Where Was Mangos And Ascent When Ludmilla Was Written lol Noobs,it's Second Emu after WoWEmu
Kobold also uses a LOT of memory (if you run everything). I agree, Kobold is a fantastic emulator, but not to the average consumer. You need more than 1 server with lots of ram on each machine to be able to run Kobold to it's FULLEST extent - and this is just not a viable option right now.

Other than that, MaNGOS still owns ArcEmu.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Kobold also uses a LOT of memory (if you run everything). I agree, Kobold is a fantastic emulator, but not to the average consumer. You need more than 1 server with lots of ram on each machine to be able to run Kobold to it's FULLEST extent - and this is just not a viable option right now.

Other than that, MaNGOS still owns ArcEmu.

What is lot of ram 4 Gb's? it need's at least 4 gb ram to run server good..i can run server on 2 gb's too without any problems..after 1 hour there is 1700 mb ram free..for World Server start it's need ram but after 1 hour everything is ok :winky:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have ambitions to create my own private server but host it from a remote server. I have for 50 gigs of space and 199.5GB/sec a month to play with and am wondering which emu to run that would be best. Also is there a way to run said server with minimal wow files?

-sama
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would prefer MaNGoS,
Because, It's more developed,
It's fresh.

and I think ascent isn't developed for now,
and, alot of features are missing,

like NPC, hmm, etc..

MaNGoS is Stable...
hmm, I runned it in everyday,
hmm, i got p3, 514 ram,
hm?, I surf + play,

No lags....
heh..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sick thx for these help i have made my choice and im going to make a Arcemu
private server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ascent is not dead :) They are back in action:

Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would say Ascent, not only are they back, they are going to be developing more comapred to ArcEmu, or ManGoes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree with Kalashnikov mangos is just better bye 5000%... Ascent cant even give a decent repack! lolz

Reaction score
Mangos:
+ World DB
+ Event system
- Can't hold 1000+ Players

Ascent-arcemu
+ can handle 1000+ players
- World database
- Event system

There are more + and - points but those are the most inportant ones :D
Stabilety is non iseu anymore they both are stable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thats not true. My mate have a mangos server with around 1500 players on constantly and it runs fine. Any true mangos users here will back me up saying Ascent was the one that was very buggy with trainer problems, realm loops and stability issues. I have only been using mangos now for about 3 months but boy is it better than ascent. Now ascent is back though i might have a little play locally with their emu see how it stands now :)

Both Ascent and mangos are decent emus IMO though ascent is outdone by mangos. Mangos doesnt have the drama you know their forums and SVN are going to be there in the morning.

However the ascent community is much, much more friendly and helpful. Thinking about it with the re-launch of ascent im stuck between the two :punch: All depends weather their still there in a month :p

It reall is just a matter of prefence we could argue all day about this or even FF3 Opera and IE7 it all really is a matter of preference...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi guys

atm my server is running with the ascent emu and in the past (1year or longer ago) I had a mangos server. I search a way/emu with a full working boss-system. and if only onixya-bossfight running im happy...

with ascent bosses are working but not good enougth.

is there any way to fix that problem?

thx for help and cu

(i hope you can understand what i mean. i don't speak english very well^^)

Last edited:
Back