Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Laptops

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm going to buy a new computer soon, as soon i get enough money.
I still consider beetwen a normal PC or laptop. I'm going to use the PC for Internet, Games as Maplestory, CS and WoW. The computer will be on atleast 10hours a day. My Question is, can a laptop held my standars without any problems? or should i go for a normal PC. My priorityes for a laptop is cus, i'd lan alot and it would be lot easier to have a laptop.
I'm ready to spend about 1000-1500 bucks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think with 1000-1500 you can get a computer that will exceed way more than what you have said.

For instance, my laptop costed me exactly $998 and I'm able to play Left 4 dead 2 and COD MW2 smoothly.
Playing MapleStory should be no problem at all.

I don't know if I can help but I know for a fact you can get yourself a laptop under $1000 and still be able to do all that.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, as soon i ask for a gaming laptop in a store they tell me to buy a normal PC insted. Cus the laptops will get to warm after just an hour or two of gaming blahblah...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, as soon i ask for a gaming laptop in a store they tell me to buy a normal PC insted. Cus the laptops will get to warm after just an hour or two of gaming blahblah...

Oh.. That's true.
My PC gets hot in about an hour, and really hot.
There's pluses and minuses to me about that.
Where I am, it's getting a little chili so I used the little warm heat to warm my hands and the bad thing is, it can burn out your internal hardware, or so I heard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Running it 10 hours a day for gaming... even with a cooler i STILL wouldn't recommend it. Sure you could keep the temperature down with the cooler, but the fact that the temperatures are being created to begin with will effect the laptop.

It will get overheating problems very easily, and the lifespan of it will severely suffer.

With $1,500 USD you could get a VERY good Desktop PC setup, with specs almost TWICE as good as any laptop you could buy with the same money.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Running it 10 hours a day for gaming... even with a cooler i STILL wouldn't recommend it. Sure you could keep the temperature down with the cooler, but the fact that the temperatures are being created to begin with will effect the laptop.

It will get overheating problems very easily, and the lifespan of it will severely suffer.

With $1,500 USD you could get a VERY good Desktop PC setup, with specs almost TWICE as good as any laptop you could buy with the same money.

Alright.
@Thanks all :rolleyes: And i found a nice PC
Speccs
Packard Bell iXtreme
AMD Phenom II Quad Core-processor
6G Ram
1000G Hardive
Windows 7
Graphic card, nVidia GT220 (1024MB)

Sounds good?

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
price?

this one's pretty good for about a thousand bucks. nvidia gt260, really great mainstream budget card, free upgrade to 6gb ram, 640 gb hdd. i5, win 7.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
price?

This one's pretty good for about a thousand bucks. Nvidia gt260, really great mainstream budget card, free upgrade to 6gb ram, 640 gb hdd. I5, win 7.

1200$

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the one i posted is better then, for 200 bucks less, you get a processor much more superior to the amd quad cores, same amount of ram (6gb), superior graphics. though this doesn't come with a monitor, you could spend the 200 bucks on one ;)

here:

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmmph i found a good one around 900$

6G Ram
750G Hardive
1024MB Graphic card
Win 7
AMD Phenom ll 545 Proccesor

Would this one be good for a gaming comp?

Reaction score
"1024MB Graphic card" doesn't say much... it could be worth $500, or it could be worth $50.

I'd suggest going for an i5 or an i7, with an ATi 5770 if possible. Both are possible for your price range, you just gotta look hard enough.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i need the graphics card model. and to be honest, the i5 processor greatly trumps the phenom 2 due to how the processor is made. :) lets see what the graphics model is first alright? post full specs next time please.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"1024MB Graphic card" doesn't say much... it could be worth $500, or it could be worth $50.

I'd suggest going for an i5 or an i7, with an ATi 5770 if possible. Both are possible for your price range, you just gotta look hard enough.

My bad *ATI HD 4650*, heres some moar info about it.

AMD PHENOM II X2
Nummer 545
AMD 770 Chipset
Minne
RAM - sort DDR3
RAM (GB) 6 144
RAM - Maximal uppgradering (MB) 8 000
RAM - Hastighet (MHz) 1 066
Hardive 750G
Total (GB) 750
Harddrive speed (RPM) 7 200
(Interface) S-ATA
Sounds & Graphic
Soundcard - Optimized 3rd Generation Dolby Home Theater
Graphic card ATI HD 4650
Dedicated ram(MB) 1 024
Anslutningar
USB 2.0 6
FireWire (IEEE 1394) 1
LAN-card 10/100/1000
PCI (Total) 2
PCI-Express 16x (Total) 2
PCI-Express 16x 1
CD/DVD
Operativsystem Windows 7 Home Premium

Reaction score
Link us to where you're getting these PC's from. We'll find a better one.

At the moment, unless it's in a Laptop, i wouldn't recommend an AMD to anyone. As it were, i just picked up a HP DV2016-AX laptop today, which is AMD, hence the exception.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Link us to where you're getting these PC's from. We'll find a better one.

At the moment, unless it's in a Laptop, i wouldn't recommend an AMD to anyone. As it were, i just picked up a HP DV2016-AX laptop today, which is AMD, hence the exception.

Well, its a normal PC. It's from a swedish site, this one usally costs around 1000$ now its like 825$. No laptop.

:( I liek it. Is it a GOOD gaming comp, in your option?

Reaction score
Is it decent? Yes. Is it "good"? Not by my definition. Look at it this way - there is a reason why it's only $825 from $1k.

The CPU and GFX are outdated, and only considered "mid-level" at best. It's decent for a 18 month old PC, but not for a new one. If you DO buy it, it will probably need replacing within the next 18 months.

Now if it were to include a 22" monitor and mouse and keyboard and speakers... then yes, that would make it worth the price. But for what you've posted, it doesn't look to be that way.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
->_<- It'll include mouse and a keyboard, but suckish one
Soo...i should find a better one?
Btw heres the site, .

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not too sure about this, but it seems like computer prices there are expensive. the cheapest i5 is like... 10k kronors(did i spell that right?)

any chance of shipping the computer from elsewhere in the world?

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not too sure about this, but it seems like computer prices there are expensive. the cheapest i5 is like... 10k kronors(did i spell that right?)

any chance of shipping the computer from elsewhere in the world?

This one kost 5999Kronor
And no :p sorry.

Back