Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Question on latest build from mangos svn trunk

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've compiled the latest build from the mangos svn trunk on a linux box -- I've got some 2.0.1 DBCs from various places, but for all of them, I keep getting these errors (below) -- I haven't been able to extract my own dbc files, but I'm not sure what version of the client I should extract from in order to work with the latest build.... anyway, here's my errors:

Initialize data stores...
[*************************************** ] 78%
Some required *.dbc files (6 from 28) not found or not compatible:
/opt/mangos/dbc/AreaTable.dbc (exist, but have 27 fields instead 25) Wrong client version DBC file?
/opt/mangos/dbc/ChrClasses.dbc (exist, but have 18 fields instead 17) Wrong client version DBC file?
/opt/mangos/dbc/ChrRaces.dbc (exist, but have 27 fields instead 29) Wrong client version DBC file?
/opt/mangos/dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 72 fields instead 42) Wrong client version DBC file?
/opt/mangos/dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 179 fields instead 173) Wrong client version DBC file?
/opt/mangos/dbc/SpellItemEnchantment.dbc (exist, but have 26 fields instead 24) Wrong client version DBC file?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The mangos doesn't support 2.0.1! You must use 1.12.x SDB....

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok, I am definitely using the 1.12.x dbcs, but still getting that same error. I'm using 1.12 maps, 1.12 dbcs, and I created the database using the sql that pulled from svn, and the executable compiled from the most recent svn code.... where do i get dbcs compatible with the most recent svn code? It looks a lot different, since it's saying it like map.dbc has 72 fields instead of 42?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't compile yourself... Get them from the sticky thread at the top... There are full packages with dbc, sql and other files....

Back