Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question]Reformatting your PC.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello ragezoners,I'm new in reformatting Hard Drives and still confused w/ a lot of stuffs hope you'ld help me.Here is my question I reformatted my HD 1 week ago.I downloaded some updates from WINDOWS and used the "Device Manager" to download the drivers w/ the question mark.Now I noticed that I'm experiencing "lag" in some games.I ask some player and they told me that I should install the driver for my video card and motherboard but I'm confused w/c drivers are for w/c.May I ask how would you know which drivers appropriate for your hardwares?Guys please help me.Thanks in advanced.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. is w/c which? i tot w/c was usually referring to washrooms

2 assuming its which, to get a suitable driver , preferably the latest, go to your manufacturers website (e.g. Nvidia cards, go to Nvidia's website, same for intel or AMD) to get the latest drivers.
3. if possible, please list down your specs, and the game u r playing...

Reaction score
If you have no drivers, you will experience "lag" just by moving your mouse, i'm surprised you can play any games at all.

You should still have the driver CD's which came with your Pc. all the drivers are there. If not, go to the manufacturers website of yur hardware and search for the drivers.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
@rishwin - True
@1st post - Newer use Windows to find drivers for you, find it yourself, your PC don't need like 100 drivers to download. Can we have your PC specs please ^^?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I wonder what Windows are you using, because with Vista the drivers are installed..

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wrong ? Vista doesn't install all the drivers, I had to manually install everything.

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. You cannot format your PC (Personal Computer)
2. You was formatting your HDD

And now the fun part:
Okey, you must have some CD's when you bought your PC. You don't throw them out after first installing.

As I see you don't have them, well maybe you have box'es still left? If yes, you can look up the hardware info on them and then install the drivers depending on your hardware.

There is another option. You can actually instLOL some drivers with no information about your PC, there are sites where ActiveX automatically founds your hardware. Don't know how they work and if they work or it's a mialware because I keep my driver cd's.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just go to your computer's manufacturer website, and usually they have this Download & Support stuffs, where you could get your drivers.

Back