Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Question] Website coding services

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Me and a friend are planning to start a website service company.
We'll provide Designs and coding. We just have a doubt or two.

How are we gonna charge? per work hour..? I can't really charge same amount from every person, since it'll be diffrent size of the projects.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That will depend on the customer. Mostly I get paid per project, but sometimes when the customer insists I will list the hours I have been working and then ask a decent amount per hour.

If the customer doesn't care then rather ask per project, that's better than per hour. (You can ask a small amount more money to the project if something took more re-search than you planned to do or whatever. You can't do that when you're doing this on hourly rate.)

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That will depend on the customer. Mostly I get paid per project, but sometimes when the customer insists I will list the hours I have been working and then ask a decent amount per hour.

If the customer doesn't care then rather ask per project, that's better than per hour. (You can ask a small amount more money to the project if something took more re-search than you planned to do or whatever. You can't do that when you're doing this on hourly rate.)

I see. They could MSG you about what they need and we could work out a deal. Do you get paid after the project is done?

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see. They could MSG you about what they need and we could work out a deal. Do you get paid after the project is done?

If I have met the company / person personally then yes. Otherwise, half of the money in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pirate if you need help with your idea id love 2 help

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ask them to request a site, Add them on msn or something or use live chat support and then work a deal out with them.

Easiest way to do this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Based on how expensive the project is, and how trust worthy the guy is,
I Usually ask 1/3rd at the beginning,
Then 2/3 when the product is finished but still hosted on your service
And at 3/3rd I deliver the product with instructions and all.

But if it's a small project, or if it's for someone I know I just ask for 2 payments. One upfront and one at the end.

Mother effin' clouds
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Me and a friend are planning to start a website service company.
We'll provide Designs and coding. We just have a doubt or two.

How are we gonna charge? per work hour..? I can't really charge same amount from every person, since it'll be diffrent size of the projects.

Any ideas/suggestions?

From what I see, the easiest way to charge is per work hour as you stated. However, depending on how much effort you put into it (you, personally or your team as a whole), the price should cover this and any premium stocks if used.

You should take a look around the market to find a suitable price, some designers also charge consultation fees and deposit fees, etc, but if you are starting off, you need to build a reputation, so don't do that ;)
It is also nice to know your client's budget before jumping in just to get an idea of what the outcome might possibly be.

Reaction score
Hmm. You could do it like this if customer want something you figure up how much price would be and if price is okay you start creating a project.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a web design company.
They do it like this
html only 100 euro or so
html + content editing 200 euro
html + mutiple admin 250 euro
html + ajax 300
and so on
Of course the more pages the higher the price. And mssql higher prices and so on.

Back