Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RaGEZONE TopSites additional suggestions - post here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my view you don't have to take many anti bot measures if the server owner risks permanently losing their entry on the page.
The problem with most voting sites is that they don't care about the validity of votes, only profits.

Reaction score
In my view you don't have to take many anti bot measures if the server owner risks permanently losing their entry on the page.
The problem with most voting sites is that they don't care about the validity of votes, only profits.
I still would like mitigation features regardless.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What if I vote-bot other entries to let them removed from the list? It's impossible to block accounts because of cheating in top list.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What if I vote-bot other entries to let them removed from the list? It's impossible to block accounts because of cheating in top list.
Would be very difficult with the API limitations I proposed earlier. A malicious actor would have to program a bot tailored to a specific server's account creation and voting implementation, which makes it more unlikely than if it all was centralized on RZ, where a one-fits-all solution would work.
Assuming my API proposal would be implemented and was the only way to vote, server owners could easily protect against vote-bots on their site. Like requiring characters to exist on the account, optionally with a minimum level. If some server owner did not put in the work to protect their vote system with such restrictions and got their toplist entry banned, they could of course get it unbanned after adding these checks and contacting an RZ admin.

Taking a step back, one could argue that voting and scores should not be features in the first place.
You could randomize the list on each page load and add a button to request removal of entries in case a server closed.
That way there is no competition, no potential for abuse, only fairness.
The navigation entry could be renamed to "Game Servers" and you're done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would be very difficult with the API limitations I proposed earlier. A malicious actor would have to program a bot tailored to a specific server's account creation and voting implementation, which makes it more unlikely than if it all was centralized on RZ, where a one-fits-all solution would work.
Assuming my API proposal would be implemented and was the only way to vote, server owners could easily protect against vote-bots on their site. Like requiring characters to exist on the account, optionally with a minimum level. If some server owner did not put in the work to protect their vote system with such restrictions and got their toplist entry banned, they could of course get it unbanned after adding these checks and contacting an RZ admin.

Taking a step back, one could argue that voting and scores should not be features in the first place.
You could randomize the list on each page load and add a button to request removal of entries in case a server closed.
That way there is no competition, no potential for abuse, only fairness.
The navigation entry could be renamed to "Game Servers" and you're done.
Good points on most of that.

I think that will all come down to a decision between, is he creating "RaGEZONE Top Sites" as a revolutionary new thing, or if this is "just another topsite".

The current incentive for servers to use top sites at all is because there is at least still some level of ranking. More "popular" servers are apparent/visible over others.

If the page is just a list of random ads in no particular order apart from category then I guess I would question what problem is that solving exactly. Is there value in the server owner bothering to list on RZ if some new Joe Blow server can be listed higher than them? Is there value as a player trying to find a server to play on if they are all just random with no metrics to sort by?

How would I as a player find a "good server"? Do I have to keep clicking each one, check their website, trust they are not faking online counts?

In the perspective of a player, if there are no votes, I would at minimum want a "reaction score". Let the ranking be random. But I want to see who reacted to it, who hearted it, who down-thumb'd it, I want some type of information that indicates if this is possibly a good server or not apart from the information given by the owner themselves.

A vote-less system is interesting, I agree. But I do not think it solves the problem of helping players locate "good servers" to play on. I think it would actually make players take much longer to find game servers suited for them and in the end get frustrated from having to jump through many bad servers just to find one halfway decent one to call home.

If that makes sense?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would question what problem is that solving exactly
If there were topsites with a somewhat meaningful and fair ranking, I would agree that a rankless list would not make much sense. But as it stands, properly maintained server lists without dead entries would already be a huge step forward.
Like you said, it mainly depends on the goal of RZ's topsites. Should it be a collection of servers for users to discover or is it supposed to compete with other topsites?

the problem of helping players locate "good servers" to play on
Submitting very short reviews (few pros and cons) and a star rating, which would have to be expired after a few months, would help others the most. But you can't motivate players to leave honest reviews on a regular basis.

Reactions are a nice idea in any case. Not sure about a reaction score though.

Reaction score
If there were topsites with a somewhat meaningful and fair ranking, I would agree that a rankless list would not make much sense. But as it stands, properly maintained server lists without dead entries would already be a huge step forward.
Like you said, it mainly depends on the goal of RZ's topsites. Should it be a collection of servers for users to discover or is it supposed to compete with other topsites?

Submitting very short reviews (few pros and cons) and a star rating, which would have to be expired after a few months, would help others the most. But you can't motivate players to leave honest reviews on a regular basis.

Reactions are a nice idea in any case. Not sure about a reaction score though.

Maybe no score that affects ranking, but I would love to still be able to see how many members have said a server is good or bad, and if a comment is required for “bad reviews” that is even better.

Tree of Savior
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I've added it and moved your listing but you should really add a banner, icon and make it look like you care.
Of course but icon been there though. I've corrected now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Astral Tale / Twin Saga section (there are four servers that I know including mine)
Eudemons section (There are lots of eudemons out there)
Last Chaos i know some too
Talisman there are a lot

would be cool an lateral widget with TOP 10 servers, including only icon+server name+"play"

Back