• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Ragnarok Private Server Common Problems

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, I think I'm going to share my knowledge based on experience. These were the problems I encountered during the creation of my private server. Moreover these are the problems that I raised up on different forums but none gave me an answer; so I try fixing them up and finally fixed them!

1. The language is not on english
***download the Ragnarok Renewel English Data w/ Lua. How to use it and where you would get it? Search here:

2. My client displays a Gravity Error (such as this one: )and Items has no detailed information OR description
***Make sure you already have a hexed OR diff client; take note of the version. (example: you are using 2010-06-16aRagexeRE Patched.exe, take note of the 20100616)
***Open your src\map\clif.h and look for the #define PACKETVER. On its right side there is a corresponding number; change it to the version of the client. (example:20100616)
***Open your src\common\mmo.h and look for the #define PACKETVER. On its right side there is a corresponding number; change it to the version of the client. (example:20100616)
***Open the Gravity\RO\DATA.ini then write this:
[Data]
1=rdata.grf
2=data.grf
***Compile

3. Making a GM account
a. On SQL server
***open MySQL Query Browser. Open the ragnarok database and click 4x the login table. Look for the account you want to make into a GM. In the Level column, change it into your desired level.
b. On text server
***go to your server folder and open \save\account.txt. Look for the account you want to make into a GM and change its level into your desired level.
(example: 2000005 username password M email@yahoo.com 99 0 0 0 9 2010-07-04 23:57:01 127.0.0.1) The 99 there is the GM level. 2000005 is the accountID.
***Open notepad then type accountID<space><GMlevel> (example: 2000005 99)
***Save it as GM_accounts.conf and GM_accounts.txt on the save folder of your server.
***Follow the instructions here:

4. Configure the commands available to a certain GM level
***Open the conf\battle\gm.conf and edit it according to your taste.
***Open the conf\atcommand_athena.conf and edit it according to your taste.

Last edited: