• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Recording Problem

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Okay I don't know if it goes in this thread but here I go.
Okay I mostly use headphones on my laptop,but when I record using Fraps,
when I finish recording the video has NO SOUNDS.
I've used Fraps on my laptop sometimes and those sometimes it works but now it won't.

Please help.
Btw- In the fraps menu, these are the options I have filled it
LilWayneFTW - Recording Problem - RaGEZONE Forums

:?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling, if that doesn't work click the little HELP button on that screen lol, and if that doesn't work try looking at your sound options, you may have to tweak them.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Get into your Windows Volume control (don't know how to get there on Vista, but I'm sure it's there.), find recording volume, and then make sure "Wave", "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" (Depends on your soundcard), is unmuted and the volume is maxed, if none of those appear, go into file, properties, and then select what sources are available. (I don't know if they changed this in Vista, but those will work on XP.)

Now your sound recording source should be whatever sound is coming from your speakers. or headset.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
o_O
Anyways no I can't even find Properties it's confusing!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On the bottom bar that has the start icon look all the way to the right. The place that has tasks that are going on and the time. Now click the arrow to show all. You should see a sound icon, right click it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LilWayneFTW - Recording Problem - RaGEZONE Forums

At the bottom right of the picture is where you need to look on your desktop.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ohh I just get an error saying I need to install the Hardware something like that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot your working on a laptop. To bad for you. Just run fraps on your desktop.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
your Missing a Tool that Goes for Fraps

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's not missing a tool. Fraps records what is coming out of the speakers. He doesn't have speakers on his laptop so it has nothing to record. I don't use Fraps but there might be a setting to record sound from your headphones by changing the audio recording to AUX in.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I Used a Labtop Before And there is a Setting

But i had Xp it was On Desktop I Clicked properties and it was there

i Dont know about Vista

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yea but guys the thing is.
I don't have sounds from the speakers on my laptop so it works on Head Phones
Because I have a USB that connects sounds on.

Back