- Feb 6, 2022
- Reaction score
Sooo this is a less known but very useful project that resurrects the Driver San Francisco multiplayer since the real game is now defunct, and the servers was just stopped... and you are not even able to buy the real deal... this is a portable stuff.
In advance those who wants the source code itself head here:
Disclaimer: I did not wrote this thing, i just compiled it, what a help of a friend of mine (SlejmUr), and all credit goes to the original creator, and Slejm for the help, and assist..
And consider donating to the guy for the project, cuz this and he is awesome!
OOokay, so you will need to have the game itself, the required version is the most commonly-aquirable (Use your imagination on how to aquire the client...)requied version it is the: 1.04.1114
This emulator will ONLY work on PC So be aware NO XBOX,PS3,ECTECTECT.... ONLY FOR PC CLIENT. Do not ask about other platforms okay? YOU'LL NEED AN UNCRACKED GAME FOR THIS! THE LAUNCHER ITSELF MODIFIES THE GAME AS REQUIRED!
The server that is provided by me is precompiled, since the github version requires you to have VS2022 and such...
Prequisites: .net 5.x SDK or Runtime. This stuff uses SQLITE as database, but you can use mysql also, it depends how you are configuring the thing... out of the box will work since it uses sqlite by default. So the Database will be created at first run, and you can manage it with any SQLITE editor, like navicat or such stah supports it...
Basicly this server works on almost every platform that can compile dotnet... So linux, ARM devices, pc... ect ect... works on ubuntu 20.04 ARM LTSC Raspberry, and on win 10, and win server 2012 R2
In this download you will found:
DriverSF-ARM.rar - > Linux Release for RPI and other arm based linux os-es
DriverSF-Client-Launcher-v13.rar - > This can be obtained on github too precompiled in alcatraz releases.
DriverSF-Windows.rar - > Windows binaries.
(Soon i will upload a debian(ubuntu) based x64 version. Also there is instructions in the source on github for using this in linux envrionment, i tested it and it works, you will need aspnet for that...)
Okay so how this thing works:
1. Download and extract the game(client) itself and extract the client launcher into the main directory of the game - overwrite the files when it asks(it has to ask so if not you are doing something wrong..)
2. Edit AlcatrazLauncher.exe.config the following line:
<add key="ServiceUrl" value="alcatraz.drivermadness.net" />
to your IP adress for EXAMPLE:
<add key="ServiceUrl" value="192.168.1.1" />
To your Server ip or use localhost, but you will be lonely ingame then XD
Do not touch anything else! Save and close the file
3. Extract the server to some simple location without spaces, or special characters, eg to C:\ or to other drive... it has not must to be in the root, it is just more simple that way...
4. Edit and change the 192.168.3.95 ip in all of the following files to your server's ip:
Do not touch anything else.
If you are using public NAT and not using radmin or VPN, you will need the followings port to be forwarded for the server:
For the Server:
TCP: 80(Editable to any port BTW)
For the clients:
UDP 3074 (this is for your client machine not for the server ONLY for the client...)
5. Start AlcatrazGameServices.exe, and wait for booting.
6. Go to your client, and start AlcatrazLauncher.exe, give the launcher of your game exe location, and if you are asked, YES manage profiles, click on Register, Add a login password and ingame nick.
7. Start game, and when you are in the main menu wait for the white connection icon in the bottom left of the main menu, then press Online Multiplayer.
8. Your friends has to setup their clients too for your IP or domain(YES you can use domains everywhere you see the IP address)
and they has to register and login too.
9. Have fun with multiplayer.
Note: There is no encoding for the user passwords!!! BE AWARE!!! If you want the source code, go fo the github page posted in this topics top section! You will need VS2022+.net5 SDK for this.
What works and what not:
Pretty much everything works, smaller things might be bugged like social things... and there is some issue with the leaderboards.
If you have technical issues PLEASE go to the project's github
issue tracker, since this code has active development!
Credits goes for:
- SlejmUr - for fixing the code for windows.