Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] GunZ 2 Standalone Edition - Play Local!

Reaction score
aiight hold up wait
my .rar thing keeps stopping itself randomly and idk why

---nevermind redownloaded and tried again

okay yeah i'm getting the same problem as up there^^^^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
on your private server is the quest fixed so you dont crash?? if not im pretty sure its a db error and im really good with lua if you need help on that

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Quest? If you're talking about Scenario/PvNPC then it's always worked. Even the robot one, it's just the lag on that one that makes it impossible to play/maybe crash your client.

Reaction score
Quest? If you're talking about Scenario/PvNPC then it's always worked. Even the robot one, it's just the lag on that one that makes it impossible to play/maybe crash your client.

Correction, Gustav isn't nearly finished, the states will change and what not, yet in the end, you are destined to crash.
cousinitt98 could possibly be right, it may be an Lua issue judging from this;
Code:
2013/06/24 09:32:17 WARN  [Gunz2.UI] Invalid LuaCall/GFx: not a function () (.\ZClientSceneManager.cpp:259)
2013/06/24 09:41:04 ERROR [Gunz2.Lua.GCS] ÇÒ´çµÇÁö ¾ÊÀº »ó¼ön_bos:10024¿¡ Á¢±ÙÇÏ·Á°í Çß½À´Ï´Ù. (.\ZLuaScriptMgr.cpp:40)

Something I will look into when I get back into my personal projects shortly.

I could always use an extra hand with GunZ 2, feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've had one or two guys want to help us out with GunZ 2, I told them to register at our forums and file an application, but I don't think they ever did.

You could always translate those lines from the source Notorious to actually let us read what it says xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did pm you on the forums you said no because its going down soon xD and your error is casued from the file being corrupt or missing look for the file specified "ZClientSceneManager"
when playing your server i noticed its lagless until the robot pops up then it lags and crash so check both the database script(if you have) and look for that file. because determining from the error theres nothing to manage the scene so it wont open up the boss hpbar and thus the server alone is holding it up if more than 1 person gets on that your server could crash easy (the simulator that is)

so rather find that file or look for a file that manages the scenes i noticed that your training doesnt work either or the other scenario because the wall with the up arrows are supposed to go down or up...

i can seriously help you a ton with your errors seeing as you guys are sort've new to this and its only you 2.

I've had one or two guys want to help us out with GunZ 2, I told them to register at our forums and file an application, but I don't think they ever did.

You could always translate those lines from the source Notorious to actually let us read what it says xD
thats encoded you have to decode it with a decoder just google the meaning of it.

Last edited:
DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i did pm you on the forums you said no because its going down soon xD and your error is casued from the file being corrupt or missing look for the file specified "ZClientSceneManager"
when playing your server i noticed its lagless until the robot pops up then it lags and crash so check both the database script(if you have) and look for that file. because determining from the error theres nothing to manage the scene so it wont open up the boss hpbar and thus the server alone is holding it up if more than 1 person gets on that your server could crash easy (the simulator that is)

so rather find that file or look for a file that manages the scenes i noticed that your training doesnt work either or the other scenario because the wall with the up arrows are supposed to go down or up...

i can seriously help you a ton with your errors seeing as you guys are sort've new to this and its only you 2.

thats encoded you have to decode it with a decoder just google the meaning of it.
What? That's just the garbage I usually see when my computer's language isn't set to Korean, I've went and translated the commands used in-game for Notorious before.

Reaction score

The file isn't specific via source, it takes me to the output for the error, so it's a bit deeper than I thought.
There is no database "script", and there never was, Gustav is all AI. Nothing AI related in the DB.
As far as I am concerned, it's a simple Look error, probably just missing a line or two.
The server has already been player bench-marked, it can handle roughly 10+ live games without crashing traumatically.

Scenario is practically quest, and should only be used with nboss_003 right now.
Gustav could also be missing the StateID's and Tree's as-well, or they were never finished, which seems likely judging from both newer and alpha clients.

If you're referring to the orange walls with red arrows pointing in directions, they're just TRIGGER walls, which are to spawn NPC mobs or individual NPC's.

What? That's just the garbage I usually see when my computer's language isn't set to Korean, I've went and translated the commands used in-game for Notorious before.

Wesman2232 is right, these lines aren't encrypted(which would be the proper term), I'm just to Ducking lazy to get off my dead butt to get the korean language packs.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Doesn't work for me aswell. A random error ("??????? ? ? ?????? idkwut") shows up when I press Local enter.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys every time I try to start I, The application pop up and then it close bringing me to This weird korean language appliaction.
What seem to be the problem here?
Here is my mlog
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logging Start (09/07/13 08:45:32)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08:45:33 - Application started
08:45:33 - Application create
08:45:33 - WFog Enabled Device.
08:45:33 - RDeviceD3D created.
08:45:33 - Texture file load failed -> noisemono.jpg
08:45:33 - Device created
08:45:33 - PostEffectFinal.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Lighting.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - DeferredMerge.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Particle.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Terrain.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - TerrainMask.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Water.fx shader file open error.

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me aswell. A random error ("??????? ? ? ?????? idkwut") shows up when I press Local enter.
Check logs.

Hey guys every time I try to start I, The application pop up and then it close bringing me to This weird korean language appliaction.
What seem to be the problem here?
Here is my mlog
" 08:45:33 - PostEffectFinal.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - DeferredMerge.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Particle.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Terrain.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - TerrainMask.fx shader file open error.
08:45:33 - Water.fx shader file open error.
"

These files are located in \EngineRes\Shader
Check if they exist. If they do exist, it's most likely an issue with privileges.
If not, I went ahead and uploaded them for you. DO NOT USE THE FILES IN EngineResDev, last time I did that the game wouldn't start.

Just a fair warning, these are NOT the original files that came with this release, and you may see some different poop.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I extracted the file to the folder and now I got this problem
14:37:01 - Application started 14:37:01 - Application create
14:37:01 - WFog Enabled Device.
14:37:01 - RDeviceD3D created.
14:37:01 - Texture file load failed -> noisemono.jpg
14:37:01 - Device created
14:37:01 - PostEffectFinal.fx shader file open error.
14:37:01 - Lighting.fx shader file open error.
14:37:01 - DeferredMerge.fx shader file open error.
14:37:01 - Particle.fx shader file open error.
14:37:01 - Terrain.fx shader file open error.
14:37:01 - TerrainMask.fx shader file open error.
14:37:01 - Water.fx shader file open error.

Back