Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Hero Online (Hero Plus) Full Database + Server Emulator

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. (Dear HEROES!)

here is a full database with all content from up until the only private server (Dragon Legend) was shut down due to a DMCA last week. Includes: mobs, items, drops, etc... all you need.

Not every item on Hero Plus USA or Korea will be included, but you can use this DB to understand their.tbl structure and add that content yourself.
To setup the server emulator, please refer to the instructions on Syntax Gaming's github. Takes about 15min to setup a working local server, but note that you will NEED to make changes before compiling the server emulator (exp & drop rate, IP, and possible other environment variables).

Instructions: use DB client and import the file.

DOWNLOAD LINK *users table, the password must be inserted with SHA256 encryption

Server emulator: source code can be found HERE ( )

Client: see comments as I won't provide it. You can use any HERO client but you need to change server.ini to connect to your server (most likely localhost)

I look forward to seeing new server start up soon and hopefully more customization.

Best Regards, Shadow :eek:tt1:

Last edited:
Reaction score
the liberty of linking it again here:
this is broken.
as5000tkk jjtrancoso21
real is this:

but,there is anyone who can build the emu? i am not good at building code.sorry.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the liberty of linking it again here:
this is broken.
as5000tkk jjtrancoso21
real is this:

but,there is anyone who can build the emu? i am not good at building code.sorry.

I've successful build and have servers up since source code released but didn't got much time on working with the DBs due to working in real life. I will make a short tutorial when I have spare time.

By the way, today I noticed dragon legend private servers has turned their patcher off meaning you can't patch the client to latest version. But I have mine client updated and will 7zip it share with those that missed the patches.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
syntax gaming stopped providing their patches for their older clients. please wait for someone to upload the latest one. or you could use the official hero US client too.. dont think item tbls were shifted but could be some differences with items etc etc.

Best Regards,
SHADOW :D:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure. I can help. Writing this off memory right now, so let me know if it worked/failed and send the error logs and details of what is NOT working so I can address it
Disclaimer: This is intended for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES only. I do not condone usage of this for any commercial means or publication whatsoever. As I am not providing any assets or database files, this post does not constitute infringement of any kind, and thus is covered by basic freedom of speech and expression laws in my country of residence. I strongly distance myself from any and all attempts to use the files and data provided to infringe upon any parties copyright and all rights are held by their lawful owners. The author of this tutorial can therefore not be held accountable or liable for any and all actions that may arise out of the use of this tutorial, and the author strongly condemns any misuse of the information presented herein for personal or commercial gain.

All credit for the server emulator code goes to Syntax Gaming and their developers, I am just walking you through how to set things up. Please support their work by following their github ( )

All credit for Hero Online and its assets goes to Mgame CORP and its subsidiaries.

How To Setup a Local Hero Online Private Server
readme from syntax:
### Requirements
* Go >= 1.11
* PostgreSQL
* Redis [Optional]
* K8s cluster [Optional]
* Docker repository [Optional]

### Environment
The following environment variables have to be set on the running environment.

* POSTGRES_HOST
* POSTGRES_PORT
* POSTGRES_USER
* POSTGRES_PASSWORD
* POSTGRES_DB
* SERVER_IP
* DROP_RATE
* EXP_RATE
* REDIS_HOST [Optional]
* REDIS_PORT [Optional]
* REDIS_PASSWORD [Optional]
* REDIS_SCHEME [Optional]
(you do not need K8s cluster and Docker repo for a local setup, so in that case, please ignore them)

1. Download & Install Visual Studio Code (=VC), PostgreSQL, and Go redist.

2. Install the "Go" Extension for VC.

3. Download "dragon-legend-master" server emulator from syntax's github, and open the folder in VC.
3.1 Under config>default.go you need to change the database info, or do it via the environment variables.
3.2. the code has following format: (assuming your db is named postgres and password is herotest, and port is 4510)...
Code:
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4][COLOR=#569cd6]package[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] config[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#569cd6]import[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] ([/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ce9178]"log"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ce9178]"strconv"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4])[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#569cd6]var[/COLOR][COLOR=#9cdcfe] Default[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] = &config{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    Database: Database{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Driver:          [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"postgres"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        IP:              [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"localhost"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Port:            [/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]getPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](),[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        User:            [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"postgres"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Password:        [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"herotest"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Name:            [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"postgres"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        ConnMaxIdle:     [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]96[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        ConnMaxOpen:     [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]144[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        ConnMaxLifetime: [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]10[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Debug:           [/COLOR][COLOR=#569cd6]false[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        SSLMode:         [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"disable"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    },[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    Server: Server{[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        IP:   [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"127.0.0.1"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Port: [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]4510[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]}[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#569cd6]func [/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]getPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4]() [/COLOR][COLOR=#4ec9b0]int[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] {[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9cdcfe]sPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] := [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"4510"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9cdcfe]port[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4], [/COLOR][COLOR=#9cdcfe]err[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] := strconv.[/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]ParseInt[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](sPort, [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]10[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4], [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]32[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4])[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#c586c0]if[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] err != [/COLOR][COLOR=#569cd6]nil[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] {[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        log.[/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]Fatalln[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](err)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    }[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#c586c0]return [/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]int[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](port)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]}[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
3.3 Under database>init.go adjust the EXP_RATE and DROP_RATE to your liking ( I used 10.0)

4. In the terminal window of VC, type "go build" and the server file will now be compiled. You'll need to run it before launching the client.

5. Now Install PostgreSQL. Just keep going, make sure you install the ODBC driver (near the end there'll be a dropdown with database drivers, install that). Port and password need to match whatever you have in your server.

6. Launch your DB either via postgres' own GUI (search for pgadmin.exe) or use DBeaver as recommended by syntax).
6.1 Import the DB file uploaded by LordDan in this thread. This depends on your client, but usually you can just right-click the DB called postgres>RESTORE (or Import in other clients).. in the file browser, ensure you have "All Files" selected so you can select the user.

7. Now your DB and Server are done. Let's add a test user:
7.1 Use the following code (in pgadmin it's rightclick left window "Query Tool") to insert a user. (DO NOT ADD THEM MANUALLY TO THE TABLE!)
Code:
INSERT INTO hops.users(user_name,password) VALUES ('admin','9F86D081884C7D659A2FEAA0C55AD015A3BF4F1B2B0B822CD15D6C15B0F00A08');
This will create a user "admin" with password "test". Passwords are SHA256 encrypted as was posted in the Discord so keep that in mind.

8. In your local client, change the server.ini IP address to your localhost (127.0.0.1)

9. Start up your game and login normally. You'll now be connected.

Troubleshooting: - When in doubt, run the server emulator as administrator.
- Can't save new server.ini (need admin priv.) - edit it on desktop then paste into client folder, overriding all. you'll be asked for admin priv.
- Can't access maps after Crystal Summit: Database>maps.go line 15 "unlockedMaps" add all the map IDs you want to make available. The map names and IDs can be found under "tb_ZoneTable.tbl" in the client game files. Use the tbleditor syntax released to turn them into an xlsx file.
- Can't upgrade higher than +8: this is locked in the source code under database>character.go at line in the function "BSUpgrade" where it says " if item.plus >= 8 ...." just change that number to whatever you want the max to be.
- Item IDs to spawn? Check the tb_ItemTable_Normal.tbl file and read it in excel.

Code:
[U][B]GM commands:[/B][/U] /item   /exp  /gold /tp   /map  /announce  /summon  /upgrade (e.g. /upgrade 11 106 15 = +15 all M6 first item in inv)
(there are more but I haven't found where they're saved yet)

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Vulp, Good Game you beat it me lmao. That's a very detailed guide. Let's wait for a section of Hero Online\plus.
Cheers

PS: if ya encounter errors feels free to ask we're here to help.
PS 2 : looking forward to bring 3rd UI hero Online back to our beloved hero players. Hope we can alter the server source code for that.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can't edit my original post because ragezone's editor tries to remove all my linebreaks...and it ate a space... anyway the code for default.go should read:
Code:
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4][COLOR=#569cd6]package[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] config[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#569cd6]import[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] ([/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ce9178]"log"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ce9178]"strconv"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4])[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#569cd6]var[/COLOR][COLOR=#9cdcfe] Default[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] = &config{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    Database: Database{[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Driver:          [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"postgres"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        IP:              [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"localhost"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Port:            [/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]getPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](),[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        User:            [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"postgres"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Password:        [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"herotest"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Name:            [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"postgres"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        ConnMaxIdle:     [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]96[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        ConnMaxOpen:     [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]144[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        ConnMaxLifetime: [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]10[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Debug:           [/COLOR][COLOR=#569cd6]false[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        SSLMode:         [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"disable"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    Server: Server{[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        IP:   [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"127.0.0.1"[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        Port: [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]4510[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4],[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#d4d4d4]}[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#569cd6]func[/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa] getPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4]() [/COLOR][COLOR=#4ec9b0]int[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] {[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9cdcfe]sPort[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] := [/COLOR][COLOR=#ce9178]"4510"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#9cdcfe]port[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4], [/COLOR][COLOR=#9cdcfe]err[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] := strconv.[/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]ParseInt[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](sPort, [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]10[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4], [/COLOR][COLOR=#b5cea8]32[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4])[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#c586c0]if[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] err != [/COLOR][COLOR=#569cd6]nil[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4] {[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]        log.[/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]Fatalln[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](err)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]    }[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#c586c0]return [/COLOR][COLOR=#dcdcaa]int[/COLOR][COLOR=#d4d4d4](port)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#d4d4d4]}[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
LOL asking for tutorial lol

Quite interesting... you don't see a well written Tutorial?
MentaL, I am think Hero Online should deserves a section on RageZone because gameplay and its mechanics are very unique compared to other MMORPGs. Never in my life that I had spent over 7-10 years on an MMORPG. Hero Online is unique and quite addicting IMO.

The current servers files we have is 100% playable only some content is missing and can be add later via DB modifications.
I'll vote for Vulp or LordDan as Moderator for managing hero Online sections. They have been put tons of works into these files.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is useless to have an area for this game, it is already a dead game, it is just a simple emulator and few interested people.

So many games that have the source code released with client and server and there are no people interested, imagine just a simple emulator of such an old game.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We have to wait for that. Anyway quests are pretty useless once you get promoted to your jobs. I am still remember Mgame even don't bother fixing that Divine quests. They provided those requirements items to vendor and you just buy it with golds and take to quests NPC. We still need to wait for Divine, and darkness fixes on DBs and server code. I am sure LordDan updates us soon. So stay tunes.

Back