Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] mEXTRADROPSedit - A Minimal extra_drops.sev Editor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
mEXTRADROPSedit

A minimal extra_drops.sev Editor.

What is it?

This is an editor for extra_drops.sev found in gamed/config. The extra_drops.sev file controls the Additional Drops table. The Additional Drops table is a secondary drop table independent from the one in elements.data. This is the same "Additional Drops" in .

This is a "minimal" editor. In other words, the editor only includes basic functionalities.

Why edit extra_drops.sev?

Being able to edit the Additional Drops table gives you more control over how mobs on your server drop items. For example, using the Additional Drops table, you can make some items guaranteed to drop every time while still allowing other items to drop randomly.

I did not find an editor for extra_drops.sev, so I decided to develop it myself.

How to edit?

The structure of the file is that there are a bunch of Entries.
Every entry is its own Additional Drop table.
Every entry has a name for labeling purposes only.
Every entry contains the probability of dropping 0-7 items.
Every entry can have any number of mob ids. Listing a mob id makes the mob use the Additional Drop table given by the entry.
Every entry can have up to 256 item ids and probability. This controls which items are dropped, and the probability of the item being selected out of all 256 items.

Who made it?

This was made by myself.

Special thanks to Teemo Cell for the Structure Files.

Where can it be used?

This was tested only on 1.5.3. However, it is possible that it will work on older versions too.

You will need the to run the editor.

Screenshot

TheOutsider - [Release] mEXTRADROPSedit - A Minimal extra_drops.sev Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Pricing?

All my releases will follow a "Pay What You Want" model. As the name implies, you can pay any amount you want (including $0).

Payment is accepted through both and .

My philosophy is that the more tools available to everyone the better, because it keeps the game alive. So feel free to use the tool even if you can't pay.

Download

Attachment: View attachment mEXTRADROPSedit.zip

Virus Scan:

The result from Qihoo-360 is a false positive. See .

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good job and seems you understand the structure quite well.

I have a few additions though, well more a warning for people who want to use it

1. Every entry contains the probability of dropping 0-7 items.
2. Every entry can have up to 256 item ids and probability. This controls which items are dropped, and the probability of the item being selected out of all 256 items.

for these 2 points, its the same principle as Elements.data under the monster section. (This should be common sense but still)

the 'probability' must ALWAYS add up to exactly 1 (as in 100% basically)

If the values dont exactly add up to 1, then just like elements.data with a bad monster drop configuration. your GS will chrash on that.

so, TheOutsider
If you haven't build in a check to make sure the 'probabilities' add up to 1, then I recommend you add that.
(Even if its just to prevent dumb user behaviour, this will save you a lot of complaints on this forum down the road. Or people will complain that your tool is making their server chrash when its their own fault.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you haven't build in a check to make sure the 'probabilities' add up to 1, then I recommend you add that.
(Even if its just to prevent dumb user behaviour, this will save you a lot of complaints on this forum down the road. Or people will complain that your tool is making their server chrash when its their own fault.)

Good point. I actually do have a checker that you can use manually, but it won't check automatically since I only built a "minimal" tool. Maybe I'll add an automatic check later.

I are an engineer
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Extra Drops Editor I release years ago for Jade Dynasty.
I never got around to developing more tools for the other games. I may
have to some time in the future.

~Bey

TheOutsider - [Release] mEXTRADROPSedit - A Minimal extra_drops.sev Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Back