Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question..
I can connect to the server just fine from the host pc (API says: gateway + auth successful)
But when people try connect from outside, they can only login at the launcher.. (API says: gateway successful - But Auth never shows up)
When they try to connect from the client itself.. the connection times out.
Creating accounts and logging in through the launcher itself works just fine for them.

Tried opening all ports it doesn't change anything.
Feel like im missing a public IP address somewhere for people to be able to connect through the 2nd stage of login (the client part, before click any button)
Can anyone help with which files/ports are related to this specific part so i know what to focus on? or better yet, have a solution to fix this?
If you are hosting on your pc you will need to follow a specific path to get people to connect to your server, check this guide:

Rusty Hearts Setup Guide
By: PrincessBeeT

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If you are hosting on your pc you will need to follow a specific path to get people to connect to your server, check this guide:

Rusty Hearts Setup Guide
By: PrincessBeeT
Thanks man you fast :) will try it out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will add that if you follow the doco to the tee and that part of the connection is not working, is likely the port forwarding entries you enter in the router may be incorrect. Login is easy to get working because 3000 is same source/dest port, but many of the others need to be entered correctly. You can mess with tcpview to troubleshoot this, but best to just triple check via doco as I wrote that to be as precise as possible and tested. Good luck!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I will add that if you follow the doco to the tee and that part of the connection is not working, is likely the port forwarding entries you enter in the router may be incorrect. Login is easy to get working because 3000 is same source/dest port, but many of the others need to be entered correctly. You can mess with tcpview to troubleshoot this, but best to just triple check via doco as I wrote that to be as precise as possible and tested. Good luck!
Thank you, this was before i change the ip's to my public ip.
After that, the main issue i faced was that only 1 of the ip's in agent_serveroption.xml would change after saving the new public ip's in the server launcher.
Took me a while to figure that out, but everything works now :)
Thanks again both

Back