Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

JuniorDark - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

JuniorDark - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Database configuration error

Just FYI, I have 0 experience in SQL, does this mean my username/password/db server address are incorrect? i know my password and username are correct, i double checked, so maybe the error is coming from my db server address?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There may be many reasons for this error. You can leave some discord. I can help you

Reaction score
I'm getting an issue when running AgentManager_Release_x64.exe. I've added a photo, hopefully someone can help.
Download SQL Server 2022 Developer:
Follow the tutorial:

After instalation open SQL Server Configuration Manager
  • On SQL Server Services check if SQL Server service is running
  • On SQL Server Network Configuration enable the TCP/IP protocol and double click it to open properties and go to IP Addresss tab, on IP2 and IP4 set Enabled to Yes. Restart SQL Server service.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you!
I was able to establish a connection , but now I'm stuck at entering the id and password for "SMMonitoring_Release_x64 1.exe" (btw I see two SMMonitoring_Release x64 1.exe & SMMonitoring_Release x64 2.exe)

Is the id and password always "admin"? or do I change these two fields to what I used to connect to the server? what about the IP and Port, do I change it to my public ip and port to 1433?

When I try to hit "connect" nothing happens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you!
I was able to establish a connection , but now I'm stuck at entering the id and password for "SMMonitoring_Release_x64 1.exe" (btw I see two SMMonitoring_Release x64 1.exe & SMMonitoring_Release x64 2.exe)

Is the id and password always "admin"? or do I change these two fields to what I used to connect to the server? what about the IP and Port, do I change it to my public ip and port to 1433?

When I try to hit "connect" nothing happens.

SMMonitoring credentials are both admin and it connect to the agentmanager server so it will use the public ip and port of agentmanager.

There are 2 SMMonitoring because they are 2 different versions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay I put in the right IP and Port and AgentManager said that I was connected. I created the BATCH file and RH.exe opened up, then I got a "Gate XML" error. I saw your reply to a previous comment on here to check the ports, firewall, etc if you got this error. Should I be changing ports in any of the XML? I think in your guide you only mentioned to change the DB User, pass, and sever address. I turned off firewall.
Sorry to keep bugging you, but are you able to provide a it more context on how to fix this issue? Thank you really appreciate it!! :)

here's a pic of how my set up looks like.

Reaction score
  • On configuration assistant the port should be 80 not 51091, change it and click Generate WWW directory.
  • Check if the webserver is configured, go to on you browser and check if it show like this:
    Code:
    1|http://YOUR_SERVER_IP/rh_reborn.xml|http://YOUR_SERVER_IP/rh_reborn.xml|

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
  • On configuration assistant the port should be 80 not 51091, change it and click Generate WWW directory.
  • Check if the webserver is configured, go to on you browser and check if it show like this:
    Code:
    1|http://YOUR_SERVER_IP/rh_reborn.xml|http://YOUR_SERVER_IP/rh_reborn.xml|

Alright! Got past the XML error now.
I'm seeing a new error now as well.

I wonder if it's because of the SMMonitoring_Release_x64?
When I hit "connect", I get a message on AgentManager_Release_x64 window saying "Agent Connect" which I'm assuming it worked? but the "Log In" window prompt screen doesn't go away.
This is what I'm seeing:

Is that how it's supposed to be?

Edit: I'm running the English/Japanese client and I've also opened the following ports 50001, 50004, 50006, 50016 on my firewall as an inbound rule.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like you are using your public ip and not a local ip, if you are running it on you computer instead of a VM you should use you IPv4 IP, not you public IP, open RH Server Option and on Server IP address put you IPv4 IP and generate the config again (Generate Option Directory, Generate WWW Directory, Change Database Table IP) and then start the servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like you are using your public ip and not a local ip, if you are running it on you computer instead of a VM you should use you IPv4 IP, not you public IP, open RH Server Option and on Server IP address put you IPv4 IP and generate the config again (Generate Option Directory, Generate WWW Directory, Change Database Table IP) and then start the servers.

I managed to get passed the "Unable to Connect" prompt on the RH client after updating to my IPv4. Thanks for that!
However, on the screen where it says "Press any Key", I am pressing random buttons but nothing happens. I was reading comments from other users and someone got the same issue I am getting. However, they were using the VM and are on the CHN client and I am not, I am using my own computer and I'm on the ENG/JPN client. Are there any other methods I can try to get this to work?

Also had a question about the Monitoring tool, what do I put for the IP & Port?

The picture above shows the only one that gives some return in the AgentManager. I feel like I am doing something wrong here. Again I'm sorry to bother so much!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client on first post is the chinese client, so you need to use the config for chn or you get stuck on Press any key screen, and for SMMonitoring you are using private port and ip, you need to use the IPv4 ip and port 50091.

Well something happened, I got this

When I got this prompt, I got something back on AgentManager_Release_x64, something about a Failed Recordsett!! : dbo.up_auth_agentaccount.
I tried to go into the SQL of RH_Auth and find the table, so I can see the password, and I saw a password and entered it, but it doesn't seem to work either. I also tried "admin as both the id and password and got the same error. Or it could be a permission thing altogether. ..

Reaction score
Well something happened, I got this

When I got this prompt, I got something back on AgentManager_Release_x64, something about a Failed Recordsett!! : dbo.up_auth_agentaccount.
I tried to go into the SQL of RH_Auth and find the table, so I can see the password, and I saw a password and entered it, but it doesn't seem to work either. I also tried "admin as both the id and password and got the same error. Or it could be a permission thing altogether. ..
Failed Recordsett means it cannot insert a record to the LOG DB, you can ignore it. AgentAccount table have the account for SMMonitoring, the password needs to be set in Md5, and SMMonitoring is a optional tool to manage the servers you dont need it to play the game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Failed Recordsett means it cannot insert a record to the LOG DB, you can ignore it. AgentAccount table have the account for SMMonitoring, the password needs to be set in Md5, and SMMonitoring is a optional tool to manage the servers you dont need it to play the game.

I managed to get into the SMMonitoring! Wooho!
I changed the active area to "chn_beta" but I still can't seem to get past the "press any key" section. I've restarted server several times.

I wonder if it's because there's something wrong with the Start.BAT file?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is already an admin account in the database, try using another name and
try use the same name for id and user id=Admin user=Admin password=Admin

I figured it out, apparently when using the RH Sever Configuration Assistant, it would change one of the xml files back to "YOU_WAN_IP" and the "chn_beta" back to "jpn" caught that and now it launches no problem! Thank you for being so patient with me!

I have on more question if you don't mind... is there a way to create a certain type of gem like critical rate 5% or create weapons/gear & a command to complete quests immediately? I'd like to speedrun to the end for the end content but not sure if there is a way, I'm going to look through the files to see if I can find anything.

Reaction score
I figured it out, apparently when using the RH Sever Configuration Assistant, it would change one of the xml files back to "YOU_WAN_IP" and the "chn_beta" back to "jpn" caught that and now it launches no problem! Thank you for being so patient with me!
Ah yeah, when I compiled RH Sever Configuration Assistant it was configured for the jpn client, then someone shared a chn client and i forget to update it, i will update it later and check for the YOU_WAN_IP field.

I have on more question if you don't mind... is there a way to create a certain type of gem like critical rate 5% or create weapons/gear & a command to complete quests immediately? I'd like to speedrun to the end for the end content but not sure if there is a way, I'm going to look through the files to see if I can find anything.

For this you could try use Game Manager (GMTOOL), but this is a old version of the tool that I myself updated to work with this server and many things still broken, besides that i dont know anything beyond edit the database manually or edit the client files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated RH Sever Configuration Assistant:
  • Added a option to change server region
  • fixed an issue where some YOU_WAN_IP fields were not updated correctly
GbS2Dz - [Release] Rusty Hearts Reborn Server Files + API + Tools + VM + [Video]Tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Great update, thank you!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah yeah, when I compiled RH Sever Configuration Assistant it was configured for the jpn client, then someone shared a chn client and i forget to update it, i will update it later and check for the YOU_WAN_IP field.

For this you could try use Game Manager (GMTOOL), but this is a old version of the tool that I myself updated to work with this server and many things still broken, besides that i dont know anything beyond edit the database manually or edit the client files.

Hello again, I'm having some issues with GMTOOL

I'm getting this error when hitting

When I hit this URL: , I get this:

I enter the user id and password that you mentioned to put in your 1st post admin as user id and password nd I get this error

I've created an IIS website and put the path in the GMTOOL folder. Any ideas what could be wrong?

EDIT: I went to test the connection and it looks like I have an authorization problem.

could this be it? except I'm not sure how to fix this lol.

Last edited:
Back