Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Remove dye restrictions

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, there are a few pieces of armor that by default cannot accept dyes, however back in the day a few private servers did remove that restriction and dyes worked normally on those pieces after that, the texture color change does exist within the client.
I am looking for the file that is responsible for the restriction so that i can modify it, or if anyone has a version of that file unrestricted, please share. Also any insights about how i can go about this would be great. Thanks!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've not tried it before; but, I'd guess you just set the `<can_dye>` xml element in the client armour items to 1. Of course, you also have to update the server side to match.

AL emulators have a `mask` attribute in their item template xml data -- that mask includes whether or not an item can be dyed. That said, most of the emulators I've seen haven't fully implemented item masks; and, worse, they often have entirely incorrect masks in their data. Some emulators have a workaround for dyes, in which you specify `dye="true"` in the item templates. To correctly adjust the server side requires checking how the code validates applying dyes to items (which is probably found here: com.aionemu.gameserver.model.templates.item.actions.DyeAction).

As I said, I've not tried it before; so, it may not work. At the very least, this makes for a starting point.

TL;DR:
Change client item data `<can_dye>` values, update server item templates to match.

Upvote 0
Back