Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Removing IP check from a completely unpacked localhost

FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Well, all I need is a simple tutorial on how to get started, some hints maybe...
The localhost is fully unpacked, works if I redirect Nexon's IP to mine, so all that's left is the IP check, which I'm not sure how to remove. (crashes within approximately 30 seconds if not Nexon's IP)
Also this is done to a low version client.. (the first MSEA encryption, v92-)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Well, all I need is a simple tutorial on how to get started, some hints maybe...
The localhost is fully unpacked, works if I redirect Nexon's IP to mine, so all that's left is the IP check, which I'm not sure how to remove. (crashes within approximately 30 seconds if not Nexon's IP)
Also this is done to a low version client.. (the first MSEA encryption, v92-)
No one is going to give you this information. You also need to fix more than that.

Upvote 0
Delta
Reaction score
Here's a hint .. tuts4you. Thanks all :D

And dealing with Celino afaik we only ever had 1 encryption from 82 - 115 , so unless past 115 something changed I'm fairly certain the encryption hasn't changed. But that's something LP would know more about.

No one's going to give you that information, when you get involved with RE you'll understand why.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score

And dealing with Celino afaik we only ever had 1 encryption from 82 - 115 , so unless past 115 something changed I'm fairly certain the encryption hasn't changed. But that's something LP would know more about.

No one's going to give you that information, when you get involved with RE you'll understand why.
You are also on tuts4you? :)

Also GMS vmprotected it :(

Upvote 0
Delta
Reaction score
You are also on tuts4you? :)

Also GMS vmprotected it :(

Not on the forum itself, are you? :O

However I have used the site time and time again for its helpful tools and information, not to mention tutorials! heh :) I have lena's complete reversing tutorials! 1-40 on my secondary drive somewhere hah :p

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Not on the forum itself, are you? :O

However I have used the site time and time again for its helpful tools and information, not to mention tutorials! heh :) I have lena's complete reversing tutorials! 1-40 on my secondary drive somewhere hah :p
Not active, just lurking around. Had to know how to unpack a client... it was too simple :'(... hardest thing is getting a computer that has WinXP xd

Upvote 0
Delta
Reaction score
Love it, Love it! Thanks for the link sparks!
You're welcome :) bellow is the full link.
lol I know what I'm learning this weekend.
To help you both along here(ps. I hope that's not advertising Kevin? Feel free to remove the link if you feel like it is):

@Patrick: I would put aside more then just "a weekend" ;) heh .. you'll see why if you grab the download :p (PS. Having 2 monitors in any situation especially REing is HELLA helpful)

Not active, just lurking around. Had to know how to unpack a client... it was too simple :'(... hardest thing is getting a computer that has WinXP xd

you sound like me :p in that case have you tried pirating an XP copy and then installing it on VirtualBox? :O
That's what helps me test all my programs cross-platform without actually dual-booting :)

Upvote 0
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
Lol, gonna format my laptop to WinXP... life's good when you have 2 pro computers.
By the way, the localhost is completely HSless, and unpacked... all that's really left is the IP check, so I take it that's Themida's doings?

No one is going to give you this information. You also need to fix more than that.

Nah, it's only the IP check left.

LOL, I saw Celino's work on their v82 localhost... it's poop, badly unpacked.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@FightDesign observe the older unpacked clients. msea needs lot less modifications than gms itself, but i suggest you to take a look at the older unpacked clients and extalia itself. a point to note about extalia- just opening the client in ida will not give you the whole picture of it. why? because the extalia.dll does lots of modifications and hooks to it at runtime. so how do you find it? think yourself.
@ kevintjuh93 i dont think gms uses vmp at all, hint: extalia again.

Upvote 0
Delta
Reaction score
LOL, I saw Celino's work on their v82 localhost... it's poop, badly unpacked.

First off, Celino's v82 client was a publicly released one on GK(?) it wasn't done by LightPepsi or myself. Secondly, where did comparative clients come up? And why was there a need for that.

And finally, you don't know how to remove an IP check, never mind use ollydbg, so I really don't think you're an any position to judge what's what.

Guaranteed you don't even know what Entropy is (watch him Google it before some smartass remark). You asked for tutorial I gave you an genuine answer about where you can get information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
First off, Celino's v82 client was a publicly released one on GK(?) it wasn't done by LightPepsi or myself. Secondly, where did comparative clients come up? And why was there a need for that.

And finally, you don't know how to remove an IP check, never mind use ollydbg, so I really don't think you're an any position to judge what's what.

Guaranteed you don't even know what Entropy is (watch him Google it before some smartass remark). You asked for tutorial I gave you an genuine answer about where you can get information.

Thank you for the tutorial, however regarding my statement about Celino's v82 client, it is poorly unpacked and you don't need much knowledge to realize it; It throws runtime errors after working, for no reason, when the user obviously has all the runtime needs (c++ redists required) and have no problems at all, after lots of checks what causes the problem, and you know it even more good when it happens to everyone... Talking from old experience with that client.

Anyway, I'll check out these tutorials.. Also, I am not sure what you wrote before your edit, but there's nothing to be rude or judge at, not all people have the need, the time, the reasons or the desire to unpack Themida from MapleStory clients... it's not even common. There's really nothing to judge about not knowing to do it.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I got my second monitor for Christmas and never really bothered to plug it in.

My weekend is booked. NO ONE BOTHER ME!

Upvote 0
FutureLegend's Owner
Reaction score
lol no, the extalia.dll is protected but gms isnt. btw and and vm isnt same

I can't find that function though... neither in IDA or OllyDbg.

Upvote 0
Back