Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Request]Cracking an Admin Tool

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I currently have an admin tool for a game I believe that is needed to start the servers fully. Currently it has two dynamic servers it connects to without an option to change outside of those two servers. I can't find the config file or anything and am hoping maybe someone can help me crack it and reconfigure it to connect to my ip instead of the servers. If you think you can help and need more information or anything please let me know.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Search for some strings with an Hex Editor?
-Hexworkshop
-Notepad++(With Hex Plugin)

Or maybe you can find something with OllyDBG (Harder way)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried both methods and found a few things but haven't been able to edit it properly. I appreciate the tip.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You're probably going to either have to somehow get the source or be able to understand how memory works, along with some knowledge of Assembly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You may also use a program like Wireshark to figure out what IP the tool is connecting to, then create a redirect, so any connections connecting to the IP you found are redirected to your IP(hosts file).

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Use ollydbg, breakpoint on 'connect', then change the IP in the SOCKADDR structure to whatever you want.

Alternatively, on that connect call, you can follow the retaddr on the stack back to the caller, follow the code up a few lines and find the address of the code that calls connect, which constructs the SOCKADDR structure, then simply modify that (it probably resolves a host name or has a hardcoded IP address).

This is a ~2 minute process. You can also, if in the above steps find that it is resolving a host name, modify your hosts file to have windows resolve that name to whatever IP you want.

Back